Chin liposuction recovery - 6 weeks post-op.

Hi, I had my chin liposuction done first week of October. However I still have lumps under, tenderness and numbness. It still hurts and I am unable to fully lift my head. My doctor assured me it will go away, but I am freaking out and would like to make sure it could take that long? He did not suggest for me to wear a strap (as I read many reviews doctors are actually suggesting it) but apparently that would give the same results with or without it. Please help. Thank you

Liposuction results are not immediate and Rome was not built in a day

Thank you for your question and the opportunity to explain normal wound healing.

While TV shows may depict immediate before and after results....healing takes time.

It takes a minimum of 6 weeks for normal scar tissue to build(CALLED THE PROLIFERATIVE PHASE OF WOUND HEALING ) and another six weeks for scar tissue to remodel (CALLED THE REMODELING PHASE).

Allow sufficient time to elapse for the normal course of wound healing to occur, approximately 6 months, prior to performing a final assessment of the results.