Do I need a chin implant? (Photo)

Hello, I have been considering a chin implant for a while. Would it benefit me? Thank you.

Chin Implant

It is possible you would benefit from a procedure to improve your chin.The photo you supplied is not adequate to really determine what would be best for you.You may also benefit from computer imaging so you can see what the result would look like .

Chin Implant

Computer imaging will best answer your question as to the benefits of chin augmentation. Seeing the potential changes will allow you to answer that question visually.

Do I need a chin implant?

A better set of facial photos are required for making a determination about being a candidate for a chin implant. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of silastic, and are usually placed under local anesthesia through a small incision underneath the chin. We have been using Implantech chin implants for over 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information, and many examples including diagrams of the implants  themselves, please see the link and the video below

Do I need a chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.