Would I be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck? (photo)

What I be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck ? The skin on top is not loose at all. My lower stomach is slightly loose and a little hard but I have a hernia that needs to be fixed.

Mini tuck or full?

You may be a candidate for a mini tuck, but I would need to do an exam first, because the hernia makes it difficult to tell based on the photo. A full tummy tuck may very well give you a better result. I would seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that does this procedure frequently. In my practice I work with several general surgeons to perform this procedure whether it is a mini or a full tuck. Many times I will add liposuction too, but it depends on the size of the hernia.

Candidate for Mini TT?

You appear to be a candidate for full TT based on the photo you provided. You should seek options with a board certified plastic surgeon as well as a BC general surgeon (for your hernia)  who could potentially work together to give you the outcome you desire. Best of luck!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. Based on the photo you are a candidate for a full Tummy Tuck and lipo. this will give you the best results. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Would I be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation.  

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. 

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.   

You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Mini or full tummy tuck

From the picture you have a full tummy tuck would be more beneficial. You can have your hernia repaired at the same time. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to come up with a plan that fits your desires the best.

Tummy Tuck

Hi Rebecca2185,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would best benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.   Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area 
#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

Thank you for the pictures, in my opinion you would benefit from a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction for a great result,please consult with a board certified PS. Good luck! 

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Mini tummy tuck with hernia repair possible

If your hernia is in the belly button or midline, then a mini tummy tuck can be done using the umbilical float technique for full muscle and hernia repair. There are important limitations to understand and several variations to consider.

Richard Baxter, MD