I'm considering getting my butt done. I'd like a fat transfer & would like it noticeable. I like the fake but curvy look.(photo)

I'm not looking to get my thighs taken from, I do like that they touch. Where would you take fat from? Obviously stomach but I also have some under the side of my bra? Would I get a dramatic affect or would implants be a better option? Also does your body eat the fat transferred quick? I've had laparoscopic surgery by my belly button from my appendix will Lipo scars be the same? Any recommendations? My body is your sculpture

I'm considering getting my butt done. I'd like a fat transfer & would like it noticeable. I like the fake but curvy look.

Almost all of the result is based upon how well the surgeon is able to remove enough fat while still leaving you with smooth skin and contours.  You will need someone who is very comfortable liposuctioning thinner patients and getting more fat transferred in those individuals.

Fat Transfer to Buttocks

Hi! Thank You for sending the pictures. It makes it helpful when giving the best of advice for your case.

Because of your natural anatomy, we are starting from a good spot. The Fat Transfer procedure would be the best procedure for you, because of the existing fullness you already have in the buttocks area.  I do not think the implant would be necessary. I would take fat from your abdomen, waist & torso. Because you like the curvy look & shape. I would avoid taking fat from the thighs & hips. 

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Shaping

Thank you for your question, and for providing the photographs.

While you may be a candidate for liposuction and fat grafting to the buttocks, if you want a more dramatic result, you will likely need a buttocks implant, as you suggest (I prefer placing the implant inside the muscle, as I think that technique minimizes some of the long-term complications of placing it on top of the muscle, but either way is an accepted method).  Of course, this is based only on your photographs.  I recommend you consult with several plastic surgeons in your area to discuss your goals and options.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and give you the most accurate answers. When it comes to Brazilian butt lifts and achieving your cosmetic goals, there are several factors that you have to consider; how much fat the patient has to harvest, what areas you can harvest the fat from and how much to safely reinject into the buttocks for optimal fat survival. Sometimes it is a good idea to stage a BBL so you can increase the chance of fat survival because if you reinject too much at once, you have a higher chance of it not all surviving. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals and want a more dramatic look then you may want to consider combining a BBL with buttock implants. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon