Have bulging elongated lump next to eye/along rim of eye socket after Juvederm. Poor technique or did Juvederm migrate? (photos)

Had one syringe (total) of Juvederm injected in both cheeks 2 days ago. It has looked the same since shortly after injection. I asked the doctor about it before I left and he tried to say the bulge was there before injection. It was not and previously taken photos confirm that. Is having the Juvederm dissolved the only way to correct it? There are no obvious lumps or swelling on right side, though I wanted to restore roundness and if anything this has made me look more gaunt.

Juvederm Around Eye Sockets

I do not like using Juvederm around the eyes as it can cause excessive swelling. You or injector can massage this out. If this does not resolve in 1-2 weeks you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Restoring Roundness--Cheek Augmentation with fillers (Juvederm, Radiesse)

This can be some swelling which will take 1-2 weeks to resolve. If you're unhappy with your results, you can have it dissolved and try a different technique next time. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Juvederm around eye sockets

filler around the eyes can lead to this effect.  Usually you or your surgeon can massage this out for you. It does resolve with time as well. The injection of the reversal agent is likely not necessary but if it lasts for more than 4-6 weeks this can be tried. If it persists after the reversal agent then it was there beforehand and likely you may not have noticed. 

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral orbit bulge after Juvederm

This is poor technique but should get better with time. If it is not better after 2 weeks, get it dissolved. I don't like Juvederm in the area around the eyes, it leads to chronic swelling. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Have bulging elongated lump next to eye/along rim of eye socket after Juvederm. Poor technique or did Juvederm migrate?

There is no way of knowing without a physical examination and proper review of preinjection pictures. Give it a week for swelling to resolve. If not improved, ask your doctor about reversing it. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Lumps around eye after filler

If that area was injected directly then that may be the filler creating the lump. It is also possible that it may be swelling. If it is still there after 2 weeks then I would recommend dissolving the filler with hyaluronidase. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon