Bruising after Botox. What should I do to help it disappear faster? (Photo)

Hi. It's been a week now and the bruising from my Botox treatment is sill noticed!!! I don't think it will clear in another week, what should I do to help it disappear faster ( I will be on vacation in a week and I don't really want to look like I just got beaten

There are several things you can do to help your bruising subside.

The good news is that, judging from your photo, your bruise appears to be in its final stages and may very well be gone in time for your vacation. However, to help your bruise along, you should avoid any blood-thinning medications, including aspirin or ibuprofen. Applying a topical arnica cream, as well as taking arnica as a supplement, should help expedite the healing process. Up your intake of Vitamin K, whether through green leafy vegetables or as a supplement, as this can also help your bruise heal more quickly.

New York General Surgeon

Bruising after Botox

Bruising can occur after any injection. This can occur when the small veins around the eyes are hit with the needle. You can use cold compresses for the first 24 hours to help minimize bruising. It will heal in 1-2 weeks.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Bruising after Botox

Thank you for your post. Sorry for your bruising, and that can be a complication of Botox. Give it some more time, and it will be gone soon. 

Benjamin J. Cousins MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after Botox

Botox is an injectable treatment and like with other injections, bruising can occur. Fortunately, using slow and gentle technique, bruising can usually (though not always) be avoided with Botox. Based on the color of your bruise, it should resolve soon. Vascular lasers can be used to improve a bruise, usually 36-72 hours after it forms. When treating a bruise with a laser, I usually like the bruise to be purple. Your bruise is turning yellow which means a laser is less likely to help at this point. Just hang in there. It will be gone soon.

Bruising with Botox

Bruising occasionally happens after Botox. Anytime we touch you with a needle this an happen. Thank goodness with Botox it doesn't happen often. Arnica cream and pills can help it resolve faster. I do have a laser that can help the bruise resolve in half the time. Ask your doctor if they have a laser that can help with this problem.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising after Botox. What should I do to help it disappear faster?

Other than makeup, there is no way to make this better. Judging from the color, it should be resolved soon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Bruising after Botox

Bruising can occur with facial injections. When this happens, Arnica can be taken orally and/or topically to speed recovery, and I offer my clients laser treatment of the bruise which can dramatically improve the recovery time. 

I hope this helps!

Dr. Quenby Erickson

Diminish bruising after Botox

Hi.  I agree with the other recommendations.  Arnica Montana is a natural supplement that helps flush out bruising and swelling.  It is ideal to begin taking immediately after an injectable treatment.  We also recommend using the BBL (Broad Band Light) therapy to help break up the bruise.  If the bruise still persists for your vacation, there are some great concealers specifically made to cover up bruising.  Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Help Bruising from Botox Disappear faster

Dear W.A

To help your bruise disappear sooner, my recommendation would be to use over the counter Arnica as well as stop using non-essential anti-coagulants/blood thinners.  Best wishes.

Botox bruising

Sorry for the bruising in the area of your treatment. This is not uncommon in the lower crows feet area near the malar area. Some patients see improvement in the bruising more quickly by using Arnica Montana or Bromelain supplements, however your bruising at this point will likely be gone in the next week or so, but you may need to use some makeup to cover it for a few days. Best wishes.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician