Bruises still present after wash out of hematoma (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 5
Your drain will be useful to remove serous fluid which is a normal biproduct of trauma to the tissue. Bruising can show up at the surface many days after bleeding with gravity. You can expect bruising to resolve around 2-3 weeks post op. Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about any concerns you have with healing.
All the best
Bruises still present after wash out of hematoma
Breast augmentation - worried after second hematoma
- I am so sorry you have had these unusual hematomas.
- If you had a second hematoma, you had more blood in the tissues so you will be more bruised.
- The lack of swelling is good sign.
- The only person who knows what was done is your surgeon - ask her/him for details -
- You are likely to find it reassuring.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
You are well on your way to a great results!
Nana Mizuguchi, MD
Bruising, swelling, and a drain after treatment of a hematoma normal?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.