Bruises still present after wash out of hematoma (Photo)
Doctor Answers 5
Your drain will be useful to remove serous fluid which is a normal biproduct of trauma to the tissue. Bruising can show up at the surface many days after bleeding with gravity. You can expect bruising to resolve around 2-3 weeks post op. Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about any concerns you have with healing.
All the best
Bruises still present after wash out of hematoma
Breast augmentation - worried after second hematoma
- I am so sorry you have had these unusual hematomas.
- If you had a second hematoma, you had more blood in the tissues so you will be more bruised.
- The lack of swelling is good sign.
- The only person who knows what was done is your surgeon - ask her/him for details -
- You are likely to find it reassuring.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
You are well on your way to a great results!
Nana Mizuguchi, MD
Bruising, swelling, and a drain after treatment of a hematoma normal?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.