Breast Lift with small implant with fat transfer (Photo)

If I need a breast lift am I able to get a breast lift with fat transfer or is fat transfer just to increase in size I was told I needed a breast lift with small implant could I achieve that with fat transfer or would the fat transfer not be able to give me a lift

Breast Lift with small implant with fat transfer

A fat transfer or implant alone will NOT lift your breasts. You should consider a breast lift. See link below for examples. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Fat transfer

Fat transfer will only add volume. I prefer to use implants in the breasts because I get more reliable results with them.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. A breast lift deals with one specific aspect of the breast and that is simply to lift it and return it to a more youthful position. A breast lift does not make the cup size smaller unless breast tissue is intentionally removed during the procedure such as with a breast reduction. Every breast reduction gets a lift but not every lift against the reduction.A breast implant or fat transfer is the concept of enlarging the volume or cup size of the breast. These are volume enhancers only and do not lift the breast. Although an implant, through its process of enlarging the breast, will swing the breast out like the hand on the clock going from say 6 to 8, the actual position of the breast does not change. An implant requires a specific pocket either above or below the muscle and will necessarily develop scar tissue around it. This is normal and is called a capsule but can sometimes change and become irregular which can develop into a capsular contracture requiring revision or removal. Since the pocket is a defined area of space, it is not ideal to place an implant in a breast that has drooping and, therefore, women often have a breast lift when an implant is placed.The use of fat transfer, however, does not require a specific pocket because it is placed as millions of little seeds interspersed throughout the tissue of the breast envelope. Because of this, it can be placed in any breast whatsoever and does not require a breast lift to be performed. This can be an advantage to women who might have a breast drooping who simply do not want a scar placed on their breasts. Since fat transfer involves minute holes, no visible final scar will likely be present. Should a breast lift be desired at a later time, this can always be performed either with an implant or fat transfer as well. I would certainly recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in all these aspects of breast surgery. Also please feel free to visit the many videos and photos along with the detailed description of the concepts of fat transfer on my website. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Fat Transfer

Fat is primarily used to add volume to the breast, but can provide a lift in some patients with minor drooping.  From the pictures, your breast sagging is a bit more pronounced, so you would likely need a breast lift in addition to the fat transfer.  It's best to consult with a plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and discuss your options in detail.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Fat transfer can be combined with a breast lift.  Depending on the size you would like to achieve, fat transfer may give you an excellent result.  However, a small breast implant may be a great option for you as well.  Make sure you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in person for a consultation.

Naveen Setty, MD

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you may opt for a breast lift with an implant or with fat transfer.  Implants generally provide a more predictable.  With fat transfer, a portion of the fat resorbs and it generally provides a maximum of a 1 cup size increase.  Treatment options will vary depending on your goals of how much bigger and perkier you want to be.  Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS