Is a Breast lift an option for me?

The hormone changes throughout my cycle, sometimes cause my breasts to swell. They can enlarge by 1.5 cup size. I'm already a DD. They become painful and tight. I have a good amount of sagging and would like a lift. Is this an option for me.

Is breast lift an option for me?

From your description you sound like you may be an ideal candidate for breast reduction/lift surgery although there is no substitute for a formal consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to assess your options.  A breast lift will lift your breasts up your chest wall into a more rejuvenated position.  Hormonal fluctuations in breast size will likely continue after surgery.

A lift would certainly be a good option for you

A lift would certainly be a good option for you.  Such a wide difference in size during your cycle is certainly significant but a lift will give you the results you are looking for with correction of the sagging (ptosis) and will decrease the breast size.

Vijay K. Bindingnavele, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift candidate

Thank you for your question. From what you describe it sounds like you may be a good candidate for a breast lift. It is easier to tell with a physical consultation. You may be a good candidate for breast lift surgery if you have one or more of the following conditions:
  • Breasts that are pendulous, but of satisfactory size.
  • Breasts that lack substance or firmness.
  • Nipples and areolas that point downward, especially if they are positioned below the breast crease.
Sometimes, these conditions may be inherited traits. In certain cases, the breasts may have developed differently so that one breast is firm and well positioned while the other is not. There may be differences in the size of your breasts as well as their shape. Breasts that are large and heavy can be lifted, but the results may not be as long lasting as when the procedure is done on smaller breasts. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates Barrington Oakbrook Chicago 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift surgery using Superior Pedicle Auto augmentation Technique without Implants will correct sagging DD cup breasts.

Based on what you have said regarding your existing D cup "sagging" bra size without swelling and pain and a "DD" when you are swollen and in pain from your hormonal cycle,  it is possible that you are a candidate for a breast lift. My concern is that your hormonal cycles and size changes will continue. During our consultation we will discuss how that would factor into the timing of offering you this surgical option. In 2006, I developed a mastopexy technique called Superior Pedicle Auto Augmentation Mastopexy (breast lift)  which is a surgery in which I take your saggy breast tissue and I move it under the central part of the breast.  During this procedure, I can also narrow the base of the breast and use your own tissue to augment your breast without implants. I published this technique in 2010 and refer to it in a web reference. Over the years we have developed the technique so that it can be performed under local anesthesia, which is appealing to all my patients. I hope this has helped you and I wish you good luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Breast lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. From your description, it sounds like you may be a good candidate for a breast lift/reduction.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.  The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast lift

Based on this description you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with a limited lift.  A full anchor lift would be appropriate.

Is a Breast lift an option for me?

A breast lift with a small reduction may be an option. An in person evaluation would be the best way to start. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast lift for someone whose size is fluctuating significantly

It is best to determine first why your breast size fluctuates to a significant degree, and why it causes severe pain and tightness.  For this reason, medical clearance prior to breast lift (or any other form of breast enhancement procedure) is warranted to avoid healing problems and less than optimal results. 

Good luck and best wishes.

Candidate for Breast Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Is a Breast lift an option for me?

Generally, a breast lift is an option for those with sagging breasts with loose skin.  Without a photo, it's hard to say what would be best in your situation.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS