Having breast lift with implants in 3 weeks. Which size implants will help me to accomplish my goal? (Photo)

Wearing a supportive bra now, I am not unhappy with the size of my breasts - it's the sagging! I want implants but am unclear what size might accomplish my goal. I am a full C/D cup but anticipate losing volume w/ lift. To achieve a similar cup size as now w/ upper pole volume and firmness, would I be happiest w/ 275 or 300? < or >? I am confused what my residual breast tissue will afford me post "lift". Will the implant increase my breast size in a manner similar to one w/ out breasts to begin with?

Having breast lift with implants in 3 weeks. Which size implants will help me to accomplish my goal?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift, with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will be a very good candidate for this procedure, discuss implants size with your surgeon using sizers,  hugs!

Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy (lift): Information

Dear Ms. Kdko,

Thank you for your questions. Unfortunately without a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

My responses are the following:
My responses are the following
1)size of breasts is a personal choice.
2)using the formula 1oz. = 30cc ....take 8 and 1/3 oz of rice = 250 cc or
10 oz. = 300 cc and place in a nylon stocking to create your own "sizers". Then place in a full bodied non padded bra and try on some form fitting clothes.
Caveat: The bigger you go the faster you will potentially again sag.

1)the reason your breast hang/sag is that your current "skin bra"
is larger than your breast tissue.
2)there are three main types of breast lifting procedures
a) periareolar (doughnut scar)
b)vertical (lollipop scar) a combination of both a & b
c)inverted t (anchor scar) a combination of a,b & c
Based on the limited photos of you most likely will need option 2-c (the anchor scar mastopexy) to achieve the upper pole fullness you desire.
3)implant selection/profile of implant:
a)for the same volume the higher the profile the narrower the base width.
and thus the rounder the implant with the higher projection.
b)there are slight difference in projection between a moderate to high profile implant. However the ultra high profile breast implant is definitely the "roundest"
implant available.
c)ideally the base width of the breast should equal the base width of the implant. Would need your breast width measurements to pick the best implant, thus I personally chose the profile based on the patients chest measurements (a high profile on a wide chest may not result in the cleavage desired and conversely a low profile on a narrow chest may result in implant in the outer chest/arm area)
d) on occasion to achieve the "round look" I will select a normal saline filled breast implant and overfill to achieve a more rounder appearance. However, the breasts may feel more firm.

Is mostly determined by your anatomy.
It can be improved by:
1) with accurate placement of the implants, if aggressive surgery to increase cleavage a condition called Synmastia could occur (uni breast or breast loaf deformity)
2) post operative massage.

Select several nude photos of your ideal breasts and bring with you to your appointments.

I trust you have chosen a experienced Plastic Surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally  a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

What sized implants

This is an issue that we deal with in cosmetic plastic surgery every day. A patient with extra skin and a fair amount of overlying breast volume brings in photographs of a previously flat-chested very thin woman with obvious breast implants. This is almost impossible to achieve when you start with as much breast tissue as you have and have the laxity of skin that we see in the first photo. In my opinion and experience, I would recommend a mastopexy only and try and fill the upper pole with fat because adding even a modest size implant will make your breasts larger than you might like. A staged approach in which just the mastopexy is done and then waiting several months to see if the need or desire is there for either implant or fat grafting is also a possibility. Someone who can manage your expectation realistically would be the best match for you. Find a plastic surgeon in your region experience in cosmetic breast surgery

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Lift

Your photos show a lot of breast volume.  The lift reshapes the breast for a pleasing cosmetic result, and implants add volume.  Your wish pictures appear to be breast implant patients without lift.  Try on sizers in your surgeons office with a tight sports bra.  You may find you will not be happy with the increased size if you get implants.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Thank you for your question.  With a breast lift, excess skin is removed and your breast tissue / volume is kept the same, resulting in a perkier, tighter appearance with more fullness.  Because you have a pretty good size volume to your breasts, I'd be careful about going with an implant too big as this may contribute to overly large breasts in comparison to your wish pics.  In my practice, after taking measurements of breast dimensions to give me an acceptable range of implants to choose from, I have my patients try different implant sizers within a normal bra and a tight t-shirt to determine their preferred look.  Focus more on the look you want and not too much on cup size or volume size.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Which size implants will help me to accomplish my goal?

The wish pics that you have uploaded are all of patients who what it appears to have had only breast augmentation. With that said- you have a different anatomy and need a full lift ( mastopexy) to get your breasts as perky as possible. You appear to have a good volume already, so adding a smaller implant placed sub-muscular will add an upper pole fullness. I would not recommend going higher than 300cc  if you're having a lift at the same time- as a larger implant can compromise the quality of the lift. Hope this helps