Breast lift with implant post up. Any suggestions? (photos)

I got a breast lift 4 weeks ago when I first got them done I loved the way they looked especially the first 2 weeks now I feel like they dropped a bit I still have the upper fullness but I feel like the bottom of my breast dropped I'm not sure if that's just the way they heal or if I'm doing something wrong do I need to massage them differently I'm still wearing sports bras do I need to wear better supporting bras

Normal healing process

You are very early in the healing process after breast augmentation/lift and seem to have a great result so far. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Suggestions After Breast Lift

It is very common to have swelling initially after surgery, with some settling and relaxation as the swelling goes away.  You are asking good questions regarding massage and bras -- I would talk with your surgeon about their thoughts on it, as every doctor has their own postoperative protocols, and I wouldn't want to recommend something different from what they want.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

How you are healing

It's difficult to assess your progress from the photos but in general there will be swelling and tightness the first several weeks that gradually becomes softer over time.  The tissues will stretch as time goes on and the implants will "drop" and not be held so high as they were initially.  I'd suspect that you aren't doing anything wrong.  This sounds like a normal part of the healing and you can expect them to settle a bit more over the coming months, but you should maintain the fullness in the upper breast and a great shape.  Best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon