Would my breast fall in the category of being "tubular?" (photos)

super embarrassing, wanting this issue fixed.... I know it can be pricy and I just bought my first home. Don't have extra $ to spend Insurance told me it's covered if they fall into tubular category. Would that be the case?

Areola reduction

Based on your photo alone, I don’t think your breast would be considered tubular. Your areola appears to be larger than the right, so perhaps an areola reduction may be more suitable for you. This would be considered a cosmetic procedure so insurance would most likely not cover it.

Tubular breasts?

Unfortunately, I think it is highly unlikely that your health insurance would pay for you to get a breast augmentation based on this photo, whether you have some degree of "tubular breasts" or not.
As stated by others, the first step is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, get a complete evaluation, and let them guide you through the process.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Could my breast be "tubular"

Thank you for your photograph and question.  Tuberous breasts present in different degrees of severity.  Three hallmark features of tuberous breasts include enlarged areolas, herniation of breast tissue through the areola, and a constricted base.  Best to discuss particular circumstances during an in-person consultation.  Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation - Tubular?

Thank you for your question and photos. You do appear to have some components of tubular breasts. It is extremely rare for an insurance company to cover breast augmentation for tubular breasts. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Would my breast fall in the category of being "tubular?"

Your breast is small and asymmetric, though not really tuberous in shape. Breast augmentation can give a wonderful improvement, but insurance coverage is doubtful.

Breast shape

your breasts have some construction to them but not a true tuberous breast deformity. Implants can help improve the shape 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Would my breast fall in the category of being "tubular?

Yes, your breasts have a constricted or tubular component to them, This can be improved if you desire. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question and picture. I think your breast photo does demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tubular (constricted) breasts. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. Your inframammary folds seem to be widely spaced from the midline of your chest. The areola do demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width and “puffiness”.

Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary. In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery. When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant (demonstrable) experience with this type of surgery. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes.