Breast augmentation with fat grafting?

Hello, I am 20 years old, about 5'3 & weigh 107lbs. Most of my fat is in my belly area. I am a 32A, and my dream size is a C cup. I went to the doctors a while ago, & found out I have fibroid tumors in both breasts, but there is a lump just above my nipple that is 1in wide, 1/2 long, & puts me in a lot of pain around that time of the month. So my question is, would I be able to still have the surgery with breast lumps, & could I achieve a C or have a significant enlargement to my breasts?

Probably not advised

Given your weight and medical history, this does not
sound like a great option for you. Please feel
free to review the photos on my website dedicated to this to see examples of over 50 patients.
Fat transfer will result in small lumps bumps and cysts that may require future evaluation and complicate the imaging of your existing breast tissue. It Is not predictable. It is unlikely that using your belly alone will provide enough fat to achieve a C Cup. You wiuld
likely need to have your hips and inner and/or
outer thighs used as donor sites as well.

Fat grafting sounds great, but my disappoint

The problem with fat grafting for the breast is that it is not very predictable.  I recently reviewed a bunch of post-op photos for fat grafting to the breast and honestly, they all looked like my preop photos!  They did get some improvement, but going from an A cup to a C cup is a dream.  Also, a possible complication of grafting is lumps in your breasts.  You already have one, do you want more?  There are certainly still issues with breast implants, but they are still a woman's best option.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lump

The removal of lumps will make your A cup size breast smaller.  You do not have enough fat to make your breasts a C cup.  You will need to have a breast implant inserted to get to that cup size.

Malcolm D. Paul, MD

Fat grafting to the breast

Hi and thank you for your questions.  While fat grafting is indeed an option for some women, given your weight and desired cup size, you are likely a better candidate for a breast implant.  Meet with a plastic surgeon in person who can evaluate you and discuss all your options.  Good Luck!

Fat grafting

I do not think you are a good candidate for fat grafting. Breast implants would be a better option. Fat grafting may cause lumps and interfer with breast examine.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting of breast

From your description of a small frame and 107 pounds I seriously doubt there would be sufficient fat to go from an A to a C cup. I would have your breast cysts addressed first anyway before proceeding with breast implantation. Seek the counsel of a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in hybrid breast augmentation with fat grafting. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Fat transfer or grafting to breasts

Thank you for your question. Fat grafting is a good alternative to breast implants for breast size enhancement in the right patient. In your case, the complicating factor is presence of fibroids in your breast which cause pain and are of good size. A thorough discussion with your breast surgeon and plastic surgeon would be imperative.
It is best to start by having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine if you are a good candidate for fat grafting.

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting for breast augmentation

Although you have not sent in pictures, in general it does seem that you are unlikely to be an ideal candidate for breast augmentation with fat grafting. Fat grafting is ideal for going up one size in breast cup measurement, and even that requires a significant amount of fat which you may not have. A breast implant will likely give you the result you desire, and will do so safely and with a minimum of recovery. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon -  good luck, and thank you for your question!

Robert Galiano, MD

Fat for breasts

You are not a candidate for fat augmentation.  You don't weigh enough and there will be insufficient fat to meet your desires.  Breast implants offer a very safe (and probably less expensive) alternative than fat grafting.  In fact, at your age, fat grafting may alter your breast tissue and interfere with mammography.  

Tim Neavin, MD

Fat Grafting

Without photos and/or exam, it is impossible to say. I suspect though, based on the information provided, that you are not likely to be a candidate for fat grafting to achieve your results.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD