Will Breast Augmentation affect a tattoo on my breast?

I am considering getting a tattoo in the spot where i have drawn one on my breast. however, I am hoping that one day in the next several years I will undergo a breast augmentation to go from my current size, 32 C or 34 B in Victoria Secret sizing, to maybe 2 cup sizes larger.

Tattoo on lower breast will rise after breast augmenation

If you are going up two breast sizes, it is very likely that it will make your tattoo appear as if it rises up on the breast mound.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, I believe that the tattoo may look disorted with a BA, consider doing the tattoo after surgery or on other place. Best wishes.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Yes, breast augmentation will stretch and distort the tattoo that you have drawn.  I would suggest that she have breast augmentation first before considering having the tattoo.

Possible Changes to Tattoo During Breast Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question and photograph. There is a significant risk that this tattoo will shift or become distorted if you should choose to have a breast augmentation in the future. My advice would be to wait on the tattoo in this location until after you have had your breast augmentation.  This will help to ensure the look of your tattoo does not change. If you have any further concerns, I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your desired tattoo and breast augmentation. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Tattoo Stretch

Certainly, breast tissue/skin stretches and changes with breast augmentation. If you choose a subtle increase, you may avoid drastic distortion of the tattoo.

All the best

Breast Tat and BAM

Hi Bumble

The tat will slightly enlarge or stretch proportionately to the enlargement of the breast.

Consider for seriously the tat, easy to get, not so much to get rid of.

All the best.

sek

Tattoo and implants

Likely with implants the tattoo might rise a bit. You are better off waiting until after breast augmentation to get the tattoo.

Tattoos And Breast Augmentation

Because it is impossible to predict the effect of implants on your tattoo, I suggest waiting to have the tattoo. I would have henna tattoos, or temporary tattoos, to try out the design and effect. In my practice over many years, I have seen patients who regret the aesthetic design and permanence of tattoos. Also, if tattooing is not done at a place with the highest hygienic standards, you can threaten your health with infection and/or Hepatitis. I apologize if I sound conservative and protective, but if I did not caution you about the possible health hazards of tattooing, I would not be looking out for your best interests. Please do your research on the health hazards of tattooing before undergoing any procedure.

Unfortunately it is not possible to accurately what might happen to a tattoo in that area after a breast augmentation. But the good tattoo artists are able to make post op adjustments to correct tattoos in very clever ways. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Depending on the size of the implants that you choose will determine the amount of stretching that will be done to the tattoo. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon