Should I get Brazilian butt lift before tummy tuck?

5'3 and 130 pounds and not too much fat. I'm 51 and had 3 pregnancies. I'm interested in getting breast aug and Brazilian butt lift as well as a tummy tuck. Should I get the butt lift before the tummy tuck so they can find fat to harvest. Also can I do the breast aug at the same time as butt lift?

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer. It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Combined BBL & BA... AND when to do the tummy tuck.

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. I encounter this question a lot in my practice.  Based on your current weight, I would recommend performing the BBL first and then performing the TT.  The BA can be combined with either procedure.  I agree with you that a major concern will be having ENOUGH fat to achieve your goals and that is why I would do the BBL first.   Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, MD #TopREALSELFDoctor #CoreREALSELFDoctor Butt Augmentation Specialist Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

It may be possible to do all at once depending on how much fat needs to be transferred. See an experienced plastic surgeon for options and see the link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Multiple Procedures

Thank you for your question.  In our practice, if you are in good health and are a good candidate for these procedures it is possible to combine a breast augmentation with a tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift. We often combine these procedures to produce beautiful overall results in our patients.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that you may be evaluated, discuss your goals and options, address your concerns and then work together to create a surgical plan that will best help you achieve your desired look.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Thank you for your question. You are better off doing the BBL at the same time as your TT surgery. This way you will only have one recovery time. Start with finding a board certified surgeon that performs over 100 of these procedures per year. Internet discussions do not replace advice from your physician.
Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Combination Procedure

Thank you for your question, it is a very common one.While knowing your height and weight is somewhat helpful, it is actually the distribution of your fat that is actually meaningful to decide if a Brazilian Butt Lift would be a good procedure for you.  While some surgeons recommend staging the procedures, a BBL, tummy tuck, and breast augmentation can absolutely be performed during the same procedure given proper patient selection.
If you were to stage the procedures, then I would perform the BBL before the tummy tuck so that there is more fat present to do the grafting, as you suggested.  You can do the breast augmentation at the time of the BBL or the tummy tuck, whichever is your preference.
Because you may not have enough fat to graft and give you the buttocks shape/size you desire, I recommend you consult with a plastic surgeon who also performs buttock augmentation with implants, just in case that's the route you'd ultimately like to take.  You may want to check out our latest "Tuesdays with the Doc" on our Facebook page.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Should I get Brazilian butt lift before tummy tuck? = are you a candidate for BBL? #BBL #TT #tummytuck

"Big" plastic surgery procedures like a BBL and a tummy tuck ideally should be staged ( one done first, then the second) for safety. The order of them should be determined by both the surgeon and the patient depending on the goals .For a patient to be candidate for a BBL, she needs to have excess of fat in their body so fat can be harvested and used to augment the butt area. Ideal BBL patients have a BMI ( relation of weight for the height) more than 25.  (The BMI for a patient 5'3 and 130lbs is 23).Patients interested in determining if candidates for a BBL and also to determine who to stage it with a tummy tuck should make a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the body

John Mesa, MD