Botox for Hyperhydrosis.

I've been fairly sweaty my entire life but recently my hyperhydrosis has started to make me feel uncomfortable in public. I am naturally large breasted and often enjoy going braless, which was never a problem for me until I started to notice that I was starting to sweat - a lot - underneath my breasts. I am interested in using botox to address this issue, if possible, and was wondering if there are any doctors with experience in treating that area.

Botox for Under the Breast Sweat

I feel your pain, sister! This is truly an annoying problem for women with something going on on top. For a little positive/grass-is-greener perspective, at least you haven't had to worry about stuffing your bra or going through other routes to get cleavage!

Botox can be used to treat most any area of hyperhydrosis. However, remember that it is a temporary treatment, and you may need to repeat the treatment 2 to 3 times a year to maintain the effect you want. Your real issue will be finding a doctor who is willing to do it as it will be an off-label use of Botox and this is not yet a widespread use of Botox. In your geographical area, try contacting Dr. Julius Few or Dr. Karol Gutowski. Best of luck and stay dry!

Sacramento Physician

Botox for hyperhidrosis

Botox can be used to diminish sweating anywhere on the body. It is commonly used for underarm sweating, hands and feet. I also use it off label for other areas such as the scalp and even the groin. While there are alternative more permanent solutions for sweat in the underarms, (Miradry, and Ultherapy), neither of these treatments have been approved for use under the breasts.  It would be best to have a consultation to discuss the amount of Botox that would be required to give you a good result and to discuss other possible solutions.

Botox for Hyperhidrosis

Thank you for your question. Botox is a great treatment for hyperhidrosis. This treatment will require a series of injections in your underarm. It takes about two days to take effect and will stop the sweat for about 6 months. Patients often find that insurance covers this procedure as well. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Botox for Underarm sweating (hyperhidrosis)

Dear You DamnSkippy:Yes, Botox under the arms for sweating (hyperhidrosis) works well. You will get an average of 6 months of significant reduction.The sweat glands respond to thermal injury as well for a more permanent result. Consider ThermiDRY. Consult with a knowledgeable and talented Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with skills in these techniques to review your best options. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox and Sweating

Yes botox treats sweating very well and can be used under the breasts, in the genital areas, armpits and hands/feet/scalp. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Dr. Emer.

Botox for Hyperhydrosis

Botox has been used in many areas on the body , successfully for hyperhydrosis. The inframammary fold is one of them. You should see a surgeon who has experience in this area.Best wishes

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for sweating works anywhere

Although this area is not commonly injected, it is easily treated with Botox. I have used Infini for treating hyperhidrosis long term in the axilla and this should respond to it as well. It gives a permanent solution. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for hyperhydrosis

Botox has been used very successfully to temporarily treat excessive armpit sweating, also known as hyperhidrosis, but I believe you are asking if it can be used to address the sweating that you are noticing in the fold beneath your breasts.  The moisture that you notice there is less likely to be caused by excessive sweating and is more likely the result of moisture being trapped in the fold created by the undersurface of your breasts, especially since you say that you are large breasted and like to go braless.  I don't think that Botox is likely to solve your issue, but wearing a bra, so that your breasts are lifted and the fold is less deep, will probably be the best way to reduce the moisture that you are noticing.  Patients who want a more permanent solution to armpit hyperhidrosis have found that treatment with MiraDry dramatically provides long term reduction in their sweating.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Botox for hyperhidrosis

I use Botox routinely to treat hyperhidrosis in the armpits.  I personally have not used it to treat excessive sweating under the breasts but the injection technique would be similar and I would expect that it would reduce sweating in this area.  I would recommend that you make an appointment with a doctor who has significant experience using Botox for hyperhidrosis.Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Hyperhydrosis

Yes, many plastic surgeons (including myself) have been using Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport, for this. In some cases, a longer result can be obtained with a laser treatment of the arm pit area.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS