Lower Body Lift/Legg Calve Perthes after losing 75 lbs (Photo)

I had two surgeries on my left hip when I was six for Legg Calve Perthes disease (insert/remove metal plates). Can the difference in shape affect a surgeon's ability to pull the skin in that area? My nerves were also affected in the procedure. If I get bumped at a certain spot on the hip, I feel a burning sensation go down my thigh and part of it is numb. Therefore I was wondering if I might be at an increased risk for pain during recovery.

Lower body lift after childhood Legg Perthes requiring surgery

Thank you for asking about your body lift and previous Legg Perthes surgery.

• The answer, to some extent, may be yes, the skin where you had previous surgery will be tighter.
  • However with a body lift, that skin will be lifted up and redistributed and the excess removed.
  • An exam is needed to be able to explain what to expect.
  • The burning in your thigh may be affected by surgery, again hard to predict.
  • If you have increased pain after surgery, it should be fairly easily managed with a nerve block.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS