I have a bit of a dilemma. I am planning on Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation. Any suggestions?

I have met with handful of doctors and I kind of scheduled a full surgery with one. However, at this moment I feel more comfortable for one to do my nose and the other to do my breasts. One doctor is absolutely open and fine with working with my current one, however I am not sure how to approach my surgeon and ask him. I don't want to offend him in any way or this to affect his surgery on me.

Two surgeons

This is as simple as having an open conversation with each surgeon. Depending on their individual personalities, this may be a problem, but likely won't be. I think more and more plastic surgeons are realizing patients want "experts" based upon procedure and although many surgeons perform both breast augmentation and rhinoplasty surgery, most are not experts at both. You need to feel comfortable with the surgeon performing each procedure or you shouldn't be having it done. good luck

Clear, honest communication with both plastic surgeons is the best way to proceed.

The decision to get plastic surgery is not made lightly. These elective procedures are about enhancing your aesthetic appearance, and you’re doing the right thing by choosing the plastic surgeon who you feel is best-suited to each procedure. Contact the plastic surgeon who you initially scheduled both the rhinoplasty and breast augmentation with, apologize for the change of plans, and ask if he’d be open to working alongside another plastic surgeon. It’s not uncommon to have several plastic surgeries performed simultaneously by different specialists. It’s likely that your plastic surgeon will understand, but both surgeons will need to coordinate their schedules.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

This will insult and offend the surgeon you are already scheduled with

There is no way to approach someone that you have already scheduled both operation and tell them that you have someone else to do the nose.  You are going to offend them.  The only option is to find another surgeon you haven't spoken to to lay it all out before you commit to the surgery that you already have someone lined up to do the nose.  What you are proposing is unusual at best.  

Combination Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation

Thank you for the inquiry.
Combining a breast augmentation with a rhinoplasty is a more common request than most think.  I have performed this combination a number times in my practice.  Doing the surgery in combination allows the patient to have one down time and in our practice can decrease your overall price.  These are definitely perks to the patient.  Typically, this combination does not pose a risk from anesthesia time.  The biggest variable, from my standpoint, is the rhinoplasty.  This should be clarified by your surgeon.
More importantly, you need to be completely comfortable with your decision on the surgery and your surgeon.  I encourage you to discuss you preference with the surgeons.  They should understand that the ultimate decision is up to you.  I also encourage you to be sure that the surgeons you end up using are board certified plastic surgeons.  
Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Dilemma

Being open and honest with your surgeons is important.  Choosing a surgeon is personal and as with the first surgeon you told, the other surgeon should be open to the concept as well.  Schedules will need to be coordinated with both, so the sooner you tell them both, the better.

Camille Cash, MD

Any Problem with having Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation done at same time?

I am sure you have chosen a qualified surgeon and I would recommend that you have then done at the same time for several reasons.  1. One recovery as opposed to two2.One situation for risk of a complication3.Less Cost and less time off workI would however suggest that the Augmentation is done before the Rhinoplasty to reduce the risk of infection.  Good Luck

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation

Good communication with your surgeons is important for a good recovery and result.  Most surgeons would not have a problem with your choice.  The surgeries can be done the same day if the schedules permit.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am planning on rhinoplasty and breast augmentation. Any suggestions?

Hi there, thank you for your question. Choosing a surgeon for surgery is your choice and should not affect the results in either case. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD