Biore strip 15 days after rhinoplasty

I used a Biore strip to clean my pores 15 days post my septorhinoplasty. I felt the skin lift slightly as I took off the strip and my nose was slightly more swollen the next day. It doesn't look any different other than the swelling but I only found out now that I was NOT supposed to use a Biore strip this soon after surgery (as I was searching for whether the minor swelling may be due to the strip)! I'm scared that I may have shifted something while removing the strip. Could this be the case???

Biore strips after rhinoplasty

During the rhinoplasty the nasal skin using he is lifted off from the nasal bone and the cartilage.  It takes time for it to become reconnected to the underlying tissues.  During this time of approximately 3 weeks it is imperative not to do any waxing or use Biore strips. 
It is unlikely that you have done any damage but only added to the swelling.  If you see any deviation or the nose appears crooked then you should see a doctor otherwise does ice and avoid any more trauma to the nose.
Regards
Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Biore Strip

Doubtful that you caused any lasting damage, but I would contact your surgeon about this.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

See your doctor

I would recommend going to your surgeon for a follow up. They can check inside and outside the nose for any changes. Good luck. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD