Would I benefit from a non-surgical Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I've always hated my nose even though it's upturned, I think it's too short and too round at the tip. I want it to be straighter and longer, at my philtrum it's angled upwards and I would like the center to come down more. Is this something I can have done non-surgically? And as far as having the tip slimmed, how much would that cost even if it can't be done non-surgically?

Non surgical rhino

If you accept it is a temporary solution and will need adjustment every12-18 months then adding filler to raise your bridge will give the illusion of your tip not being so high - in my opinion surgery is a better option and a permanent solution and can addresss the excess tip roundness which filler cannot

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Yes, your nose is round at the tip, but to my eye, it's not too short, but rather over-projecting.,

Over-projecting means that the tip sticks out forward from the face farther than it needs to.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a couple of computer morphs of your nose, and animations of the morphs, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

On the profile view, I brought the tip of your nose back closer to your face. Usually, that change makes the nose *look* longer, and maybe you'll feel your nose isn't too turned up in my "after" photo.

You'll also see that, by bringing the tip closer to the face, the bridge of your nose no longer looks too low. There is no need to elevate the bridge of your nose: not with filler, and certainly not with a permanent implant. Either would just make your nose look lots bigger, and I don't imagine that's what you're looking for.

The frontal modification shows some modest narrowing of the tip.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Morphs like the ones I made also show you whether the doctor evaluates your nose correctly. I didn't make a morph of building up the bridge, but if someone recommends that, you must see a morph. I think you'd hate it.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit from a non-surgical rhinoplasty?

Some results after non surgical rhinoplasty can seem remarkable, and largely rely on HA fillers to lift the bridge, or increase tip projection. Keep in mind though that the results are not permanent, and a good rhinoplasty with lasting results might be worth looking into.

Am I a Candidate for a Non-surgical Rhinoplasty?

I am in agreement with the previous Dr's.  I would recommend a tip reduction and a narrowing of the bridge to give you the best overall result.  Chose your surgeon wisely. Good Luck

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

Using fillers will not reduce the size of your broad tip. I suggest you consider a rhinoplasty to lengthen your your nose and refine your tip so you achieve a natural balanced result.  

Fillers and rhinoplasty

You could possibly get some benefit from trying fillers, mainly along the dorsum of the nose, and maybe a little at the tip, to see if you can change the way the light reflects off the tip, like people do when they use makeup to create shadows.  This could change the way the tip looks and the dorsum.  However, a tip rhinoplasty would, for the most part, fix all of the things you don't like, such as narrowing the tip and rotating the tip downward somewhat, which will also make it longer.  No wrong way to go, but fillers can be expensive, especially over time.  A good rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to take care of you.

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty?

While you may benefit from a non-surgical rhinoplasty to fill out the dorsum, you will likely have a better result overall, and one that certainly lasts longer, by undergoing a rhinoplasty.  I recommend you consult with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons who will discuss the benefits of both a surgical and nonsurgical rhinoplasty so that you can decide.

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Filler may help elevate the dorsum a bit if that is what you want.  A full rhinoplasty would be best if you want modifications of the tip.

Permanent results with Rhynoplasty

After seen your pics, an option is using fillers on your dorsum. Lasts  up to 12 to 16 months.

I would recommend a surgical Rhynoplasty for permanent and better results.

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio