Will I benefit from a lipo/BBL? (Photo)

I don't really want a tummy tuck but I do want a dramatic change in my appearance would you suggest losing weight before the procedure to get the look that I'm going for? I'm 6ft 1in at 268lbs...

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

Based no the photos you need skin removal at the same time as the liposuction.  I suggest a full body HI DEF contouring procedure to get a huge body change.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Weight loss?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You should absolutely reach your goal weight prior to undergoing surgery.  Keep in mind that liposuction is not a weight loss procedure.  Once you reach your goal weight, a tummy tuck, liposuction, and BBL would likely be the best option for you to reach your goal.

Liposuction - weight loss first?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Your question is a good one -
  • Almost all surgery results are better if the person is a normal weight -
  • So yes, losing weight first is a good idea.
  • Without an exam, one can't say what your liposuction result will be -
  • If you need a tummy tuck, liposuction of the abdomen may be disappointing.
  • This is especially likely is you have stretch marks -
  • Find a plastic surgeon whom you feel you can trust and arrange a consultation to see if this approach is right for you.
  • Please be aware that all fat injections have risks, one of which is loss of the result over a fairly short time.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture / Liposuction/ Hi Definition procedures/ Body contouring with fat grafting

From your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a nice result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.  With the skin retraction component of the Vaser you may or may not need a tummy tuck.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create and athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Liposuction removes fat and can be used to contour the body. Unfortunately, what it does not do is get rid of excess skin which is often a problem as well. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery can be a great way to start. 

Terence M. Myckatyn, MD