Can Beletero be used successfully to eliminate vehicle lip lines that have returned after 7 year old Juvaderm injections?

I had Juvaderm injections 7 years ago to get rid of the vertical lip lines on the upper lip. I never wanted any lip enhancement just elimination of the lines. Over time the Juvaderm migrated to the upper lip and upper red lip and became puffy...larger than my bottom lip. My doctor is now using Hyaluronidase to dissolve the old filler with great results except now the vertical lines are back. Is it safe to use Beletero to eliminate the new vertical lip wrinkles without any enhancement of the lips.

Belotero for vertical lip lines

Once dissolution with hyaluronidase is complete, Belotero is a good option to get rid of vertical lip lines.

Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Belotero for vertical lip lines

Yes, Belotero and Restylane Silk are my favorites for vertical lip lines. The upper lip can be injected such that it is made fuller, more defined or just to get rid of the vertical lip lines. Most of my patients are suburbanites that just don't want those vertical lip lines, but at the same time, don't want to look like a duck. 

Dan Landmann, MD
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Vertical Lip Lines

I have found that both Belotero and Restylane Silk are the ideal fillers for the fine lines around the mouth.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has experience with cosmetic injections for these delicate difficult to treat fine lines.  I have also found lasers and microneedling very effective.  Best, Dr. Green

Belotero for Lip Lines

Belotero is a great option for treating vertical lip lines (#smokerslines).  It does not last as long as appropriate placement of Restylane Silk.  #belotero typically lasts 2 to 4 months in this particular area.  It tends to swell less than #Juvederm or #Restylane.  Please find an experienced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who performs many natural looking lip injections in your area.  

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon