I'm looking into getting a Brazilian Butt Lift now for years and still debating. Is it permanent or just temporary?

Can you go back to your normal butt after getting a BBL? Is getting a BBL permanent or just temp? Can the fat droop over time?

BBL Stem cells

After your fat transfer, the fat grafts in your BBL send messages to the surrounding capillaries to grow new branches for more oxygen. Also, stem cells are stimulated to grow new fat and tissue.  The results of a BBL are near permanent after 8 months of surgery, provided that you maintain minimal to no nicotine and caffeine; maintain normal weight, and stay off the grafts as much as possible for the first 2 months.
I wish you well through your operation and your recovery,
James McAdoo DO FACOS

• AOA dual board certified general and plastic reconstructive surgeon 
  • Microsurgery fellowship trained 
  • 20 years experience 
  • 33,000 Operations
  • 10,000 BBL

Permanent

Thank you for your questions.  The BBL procedure results are permanent, but be sure to not assess the final results until months after your surgery, as your buttocks will undergo changes due to reduced swelling and fat absorption.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

I perform Brazilian buttlifts and butt implants.   After the initial loss in the BBL, the result is stable as long as the weight held stable.

Is BBL results permanent or just temporary

Hi.. thank you for the question... the BBL results are permanent.. your buttock area will get a new shape

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Although a small amount of the fat that is transferred in a BBL will resorb, the majority of the fat will establish a good blood supply and remain permanently.  Since much of the fat that is transferred is injected into and/or under the Gluteus maximus muscle, it will not tend to droop.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

BBL

You can expect anywhere from 30 to 50 % of the fat to go away initially but usually whatever is there at 3 months should remain.  But it can fluctuate with weight gain and loss.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question. The results of a BBL are permanent provided that you maintain a stable weight.

German Newall, MD

BBL duration

Around 70% of fat that is grafted is typically expected to survive long term. The fat that survives is there permanently.
We put a little extra to account for loss of fat post operative, which is reabsorbed gradually by the body.