9 months post TT and lipo of the flanks, do I need a revision? (photos)

PS said i need revision but what im worried is i have a big bulge on both sides of my abdomen esp the right side . Would revision and gentle lipo of the abdomen help to make my stomach flatter and even . I also think that he need to extend my scar longer to get rid of some loose skin on both hip area. Thank you

Tummy Tuck Revision 9 Months Out

From your photos, a revision after 9 months time seems reasonable. You are correct in that your scar may need to be lengthened to get a better contour. It's better to have a longer scar and better contour than a short scar that leaves you with a contour you find unsatisfactory. Skin excision may be enough without the need for liposuction in the abdominal area. You may want to consider asking your plastic surgeon to address the pubic area with liposuction and a lift during your revision. Additionally discuss lowering your scar, as it appears a bit high. 

Sacramento Physician

9 months post TT and lipo of the flanks, do I need a revision?

Hello dear, thaks for your post and provided information as well! What I can see in your pictures is that you may need a revision because of the amount of extra sking that is hanging in your abdomen. I recommend to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

#revision #tummytuck

Based on your photos, I think a revision would be something to consider. You did not include pre surgical photos, but you appear to have remaining excess skin and subcutaneous tissue above the incision line. I would suggest you consider having the incision line extended to allow for a smooth contour over your hips. 

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision

It seems reasonable to try to improve the lower incision and adjust for the discrepancy. Best of luck.

9 months post tummy tuck, do I need a revision?

Not pass judgement here, however looking at photos alone you would benefit from revision of your tummy tuck as suggested by your surgeon. We would try to move the scar lower as there is still skin laxity above to allow the scar to move down below your under pant line.

From your photos a revision surgery is needed to remove more excess skin. I would ask to have the incision line lowered and extend more toward your hips to help remove more skin and have a smoother transition.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty Revision

A revision is considered after an adequate amount of time has passed for your healing to occur. Your being over 6 months is adequate enough time and a revision appears in order. This should not  be as involved as the first surgery. I am not sure if you had a seroma soon after surgery but some people will develop secondary fat accumulation if this occurs. If so, some liposuction can fix this. Since your scar looks very irregular, revising the scar at the same would be beneficial. Extending the scar should be something determined in surgery during the scar revision. 

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

9 months post TT and lipo of the flanks, do I need a revision

You do appear to have some residual loose skin that could be removed during a revision. Also your scar could be lowered at the same time so that it would not show above your panty line. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty Revision?

Based on your pictures, it does appear that you would benefit from revising alone the scar area, removing some excess skin and smoothing out the transition between the areas above and below the scar.  Extending the scars further around the sides can be done to incorporate more skin removal, but that is generally not part of the original surgery unless discussed specifically beforehand.  I hope this helps.

Based on the pictures, I would consider liposuction, excision of the remaining loose skin and lowering of the scar, and an extension of the scar to get a better result. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS