8 months ago I had laser lipo done on my abdominal upper and lower. I still have burning and hardness feeling; is this normal?

Laser Liposuction Post-surgery hardness

First of all, I'd ask a quick question of you: Are you a smoker? Nicotine can significantly impact healing and I've seen patients who are smokers have nodularity and hardness for a very long time after liposuction. In non-smokers the nodularity and hardness usually resolves at around 6 months (or sooner). Pain is unusual at 8 months post-op so you may want to see your surgeon. I recommend lymphatic massage at a center that specializes in this kind of massage.

Post Liposuction--Irregularities, bruising, swelling, lumps

No, the recovery process after Liposuction can take up to a year to see final results; however you should not be experiencing any pain 8 months postop. I suggest consulting with your treating surgeon for a follow up if it is associated to the surgical procedure. I also recommend seeing a massage therapist on areas that are easily turned into keloids - scar tissue build up over time which creates a hard lump and is painful when rubbing the area. Best, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Laser lipo

Good question. 

Have you followed up with your surgeon? To have pain and lumpiness 8 months out from surgery is not normal.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician