8/12 months post Face Lift.New flaws: cheeks and eyes.My dr's solution differs from 3 others. New face lift is necessary?(photo)

Please advise, My DR. differs frm 3 other DR'S I saw,81/2 mths pst op. NEW drapes around mouth, Post Op asymmetrical mouth I side up the other down. Is it fixable? "S"welt from temple to chin. Dr.# 2 advises hidden sutures be removed. My doctor does not. Flaws under 2 eyes.Knot on throat is painful if touched -still hurts -Should I worry? My doctor doesn't call bck. 2 new doctors say I need 2nd Face Lift my doctor will only add filler to cheek dent,improve thick neck scars result of surgery.

Undesirable results

I recommend you continue to consult with multiple Board Certified Plastic Surgeons until you find the one you feel comfortable with and can indeed improve your previous results. Look at their before and afters, in addition, most surgeons will have "revision of facelift" photos you can view that may help you decide who to choose.

Revision Facelft

Based on these pictures, a revision facelift is what you may need to help with the irregularities.  It appears you have extra skin in the cheeks and I don't feel any amount of filler will help this get better. Hope this helps!Dr. Sajan

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician

Issues after facelift

I hate to hear that this happened to you.  To be honest, at this point, you are doing exactly the right thing - keep asking questions of your doctor and their staff and seek for solutions to your concerns, while at the same time seek the opinion of other doctors and how things can best be handled.  Seeing the pictures, I can see that your recovery course required more care than others - I hope that your doc helped you through this time and made sure that you were headed in the right direction.  At this point, without a physical examination, it is hard to say what can and can't be done to help fix the problems that you now face - that is one huge advantage that the doctors with whom you've spoken with have over us.  If it was me, I would take the information that the doctors have given me, and go with the plan of the doctor whom I have a better relationship/understanding with.  I really do hope you get the results you want soon.  Best of luck.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redo Facelift

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry this happened to you.
You have done the right thing by continuing to approach your doctor for answers and solutions, and understandably for going to other doctors to ask their opinions.  All of the doctors who have seen you have the benefit of an in-person examination.  At this point, it probably best to pick which doctor you feel can best take care of you (probably the one with the most experience with secondary/redo facelifts), and whom you trust the most, and go with their plan.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Face to face

Thanks for your question. Its difficult to tell exactly what is going on as I suspect the pictures you have posted are from different stages in your facelift recovery period. 

It sounds like you are certainly doing the right thing by asking for a range of opinions before picking the surgeon and the treatment for you. 

Personally I fell that if you had a facelift only 8 months ago then revising that would be of less benefit potentially than trying some other modality. I personally feel that mid facial volumisation might get you the effect that you want without a full facelift repeat. At least, next time you seek a consummation, ask the doctor what they think about that as an idea. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Facelift issues

I'm concerned about your wound along your lower neckline.  You need to let these heal in before doing anything else regarding your facial contour.  I'm sure you're wanting things fixed, and I can't say much about what I see based on your pics, but if your original PS is no longer taking your calls, that's not good, and you should seek a 2nd opinion with a reputable PS who will take care of you

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician