5.5 weeks post op implant exchange and left breast has dropped only a small amount and is firmer that right. Should I worry?

Exchanged 17yr old textured 350cc anatomical saline implants with 550cc round moderate profile silicone 5.5 weeks ago. My right sides settle in nice and is very soft. The left has dropped only a small amount and is not hard, but is firmer than the right. I've also developed a mondor cord on the left. My Dr doesn't seemed to concerned but has me taking 1200iu of vitamin E. Could I be developing a problem or is could it just be slow healing?

Breast revision and breasts are still uneven

I understand your desire for information regarding the final outcome of your surgery.

However, I don't feel as if I have adequate information to provide advice? 6 weeks after surgery is too early and scar tissue is still forming. I generally advise my patients to wait a minimum of 4-6 months before assessing their final results.

Anatomical implants placed 17 years ago is unusual.

#1 Rule: follow the recommendations of your current surgeon and allow at least 6 months to assess results.

Did you change to textured or smooth? Smaller or larger? Over to under? Why did you have surgery?

Are you performing preferential breast implant displacement exercises?

It takes 3 to 6 months to see the final results so keep in touch with your surgeon. A Mondor's cord will resolve over time also. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS