500 or more for revision? (photos)

Close to 8 years ago I got a BA with 300cc moderate profile. Very soon after I wished I had gone bigger and had a big space between I am 5'4, 117 pounds and 32 c but look smaller. I went to a first consult with my previous surgeon and he suggested 445 moderates. I went to another consult and he suggested a capsulloraphy to fix my wide pockets give me a little lift and 500 or 550 mentor mod plus. I definitely don't want to be too too top heavy or look unnatural but want to be fuller. Thank you!

Not sure need capsule tightening

If you are going with bigger  implants they will be wider so not sure a capsule tightening is required. You will need to lower the fold a bit if needed. The original surgeon may go bigger if you ask and give you a discount as a prior patient.  I would think a Mentor moderate plus 475cc filled to 500cc would put you in a DD and then some. Looks like you held up well after 8 years. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Best breast implants for revisionary breast surgery?

Thank you for the question. Although it is not possible to provide you with definitive advice without an person evaluation, most patients are able to "go larger" at a second stage, once the breast tissues have expanded (after first-time breast augmentation).   As you have heard, sometimes during this revisionary surgery, adjustment of the breast implant capsules is also necessary to achieve the desired outcome. Exactly how much larger you can achieve during the revisionary breast surgery will depend mainly on your physical examination and goals. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "top heavy"  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.