I'm 5'0, 116lbs and I'm debating if I should do 425cc or 445cc?

Implant selection

Your implant choice should be based upon your breast dimensions, chest measurements, and the soft tissue characteristics of your breasts. If your surgeon has helped to determine that those 2 specific sizes are appropriate for you then you should choose the larger implant (rarely will a patient complain about going larger). 

I'm 5'0, 116lbs and I'm debating if I should do 425cc or 445cc

The difference is quite small and I think either one can be used if your breast measurements allow the width of the implants.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation

Size is an important consideration for breast augmentation. What one person thinks is a small difference another thinks is a large difference.Computer imaging will allow you to see the difference between sizes and shapes in your body and from the sounds of your question would be of benefit for you.

Should I do 425cc or 445cc.

Actually there is very little difference between the two implants, not enough to notice a difference after augmentation. Instead of the focusing on a number, focus on how you wish to look. Work carefully with trial bras and photos until you and your surgeon understand what your goal is. Numbers are forgotten though you will know how you look every day.

Implant Size?

If your surgeon feels that both of the sizes you listed will work well for your breast and frame, then I always advise the patients to go with the slightly larger implant.  The majority of women around the country all think they could have gone a little bigger once they are healed and settled from surgery.  If the dimensions of the 445cc implant correspond well with your breast width and tissues, then I would go in that direction.  I hope this helps.

Choosing implant size is difficult

The most difficult decision with breast implant surgery is choosing the size of the implant.  Since the most common complaint I hear after this procedure is that the women wish they had chosen a larger size, when the decision is down to two sizes, I always recommend the larger size.
Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question.  Online consultants will not be of much specific help to you. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical 
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find a size that fits you best. An in-person consultation is always best. If you have already seen a plastic surgeon, maybe you can try the sizes on again to help your decision. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast implant sizes: 20 ccs is not really noticeable

It helps to look at pictures provided by your surgeon and to ask his/her opinion if one size might fit better than the other on your frame. The actual difference of 20cc is not really noticeable. 20cc represents just over a tablespoon of liquid, or a little less than on notch on your bra strap. Hope this helps you and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon