400cc hP to 300hp gel silicone would I need a lift? They did the wrong size (too big) and feel very depressed. (photo)

Downsizing implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 From your photograph, it would appear to me that you do not have much skin excess and could therefore downsize the implants without the necessity for taking out skin to take out the slack. Sometimes, in this situation, I will treat the capsule with electrocautery during the downsizing procedure to help it shrink to accommodate the new smaller implant. An in office exam by your plastic surgeon would be a better option than looking at one photograph. Good luck with your next procedure.

Lift not needed

When a breast implant exchange procedure occurs sometimes there will be loose skin that may need to be removed.  However, in this situation, I do not see any loose skin, so it would not appear that a breast lift will be needed.  You may want to reconsider your down sized implant size, a drop of only 100 cc in implant size will make only a very slight difference.  You may want to drop to 200 cc and switch to a lower profile implant, not a high profile.

Exchange procedures are very common and the recovery is much quicker than the initial procedure.  All the stretching and pulling of the tissues has already happened and the old incision can be used again.  Talk with your plastic surgeon about some type of discount for the 2nd procedure since you were unhappy with the original surgery.

Good Luck!

Is a lift needed

Thank you for your question.  You have a great result with your current implants.  It appears that you have great skin and it should be a problem going to a 300cc implant.  Best wishes.  

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

400cc hP to 300hp gel silicone would I need a lift?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  You should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants without breast lifting. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary, specifically downsizing, breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.  

Downsize

I'm not sure how long you've had your implants in but I would give it some time to let swelling settle.  Secondly 100 cc is not very significant so be mindful of the impact this can have--it may be less than you think.  Third I would consider downsizing with both volume and projection so your base width is increased as an option to decrease the apparent projection volume.  Discuss all of these options with your plastic surgeon carefully before immediately jumping to revision 

Revision

You seem to have a nice result after breast augmentation.  If you are wanting to downsize, an in person consultation is needed.  You seem to have good firm breast tissue so I think you can downsize without a lift.  Hope this helps!