4 weeks post forehead flap on nose. (photo)

It has been four weeks since my paramedian forehead flap on my nose. I understood the forehead flap is used because is has the best color matching for the nose. However 4-5 weeks post surgery that side of the nose is 3 shades darker than the other side. Should I be worried? Will the color be normal or do I need more surgery?

Nasal reconstruction

For one month following surgery, this looks pretty great. Always reference the defect and think about how amazing it is to have the outcome you are seeing right now. Certainly, things will improve with time, but invariably these flaps may require scar revision procedures or resurfacing to enhance the appearance. Hydroquinone may also help your case. Discuss with your surgeon. Good luck moving forward!

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon