Which would you recommend; 350cc or 400cc? Would 50cc make a difference? (photos)

50 cc more could change much? My Dr, said 350 cc , but I'm a little afraid of being smaller than my expectation. I rather go a little bigger than smaller. I'm 5'4 , 129 pounds. Any advice will be great. Thanks! (sorry my english is my second language)

Is there a significant difference between a 350 cc and 400 cc breast implant.

The answer to your question is that a 50 cc difference can be significant.

However the most important, very important issue you need to addressed is that your breasts are sagging.

I strongly urge you to revisit your plastic surgeon and discuss in detail how the sagging of your breasts will be addressed.

If you have breast implants placed on top of the muscle beneath your breast you may well sag further.

He should discuss with your plastic surgeon whether you need a breast lift and breast implants placed beneath the chest muscle.  For more information please read the following link:

350 versus 400 mL may not be the right question

Your English is much better than many people with it being their first language. The biggest question in your case not the 50 mL but more so whether or not you will need a lift in order to achieve your desired results, especially on your left side. If your nipples are at or below your crease, you will almost certainly not achieve your desired results within implant alone. I would strongly recommend you obtain a picture which you would like your breast to look like and show that to your surgeon so they can best give you the results that you desire. Also the picture will help make the decision of whether or not you should get the additional 50 mL in your implant.

Brent Birely, MD

Which would you recommend - 350cc or 400cc? Would 50cc make a difference?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. However, the increase you state is likely negligible, given that they are the same style and profile.  Most women always wish that they went a little larger.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. Preoperative sizing may be available to you and helpful to both you and your surgeon.   In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. 

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

In your photograph, your breasts are too low and you have stretch marks.The volume of your breasts has changed and your skin has stretched to accommodate the volume changes.More important than an implant would be a simultaneous lift.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.If you undergo breast augmentation alone you will be dissatisfied with results because the breast will droop further and sooner from the added weight.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Which would you recommend; 350cc or 400cc? Would 50cc make a difference?

50cc will give you a small change it may not be that apparent. However, you may need a lift as well depending on your desired outcome. I recommend brining a picture of what look you want to your plastic surgeon to ensure you are on the same page.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Is there a difference between a 350 and 400cc implants?

There is an insignificant difference in the effect of a 350 versus a 400cc implant. I feel that either one should work for you. In addition, I would strongly recommend that your implants be positioned over the muscle for the best result! 

David A. Ross, MD (retired)

50 mL not much impact

Thank you for your pictures. I think that you would do well with breast lift and augmentation. The difference between 350 mL and 400 mL is negligible. 

I try to use the though of going one size larger in implants in my practice. But only you can make the final decision... 

Breast augmentation size

Hi there,
50 cc can make a difference but it is difficult to say with a photo.  I think the most important thing is to spend a lot of time going over your goals with your surgeon.  Some tricks to help…try different amounts of flour in a baggy and wear tight clothes to see what you like.  Get photos of before and after that started looking like you and end up looking the way you want to look.  Go over this information with your surgeon.  Advise them of what you want and which way you would prefer they error should that happen….too big or too small.  That and measurements taken by your surgeon will really help.  Sometimes it is really straight forward.  Other times patients have to really think about it.  On occasion we will meet 3-4 times to make sure we are on the exact same page.  In some respects this is the most important part of the whole process.

What I usually do is bring several sizes of implants to the operating room and test the different sizes in the operating room.  Typically I find a couple sizes that look great and then go by the conversations with my patients before surgery to guide the final choice.

I wouldn't sweat so much the size…rather, the goal you want.  As long as your surgeon knows that, they should be able to give the result you want.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

350 to 400 cc implants

You would have to be sized in person but a 50 cc difference is not that much in terms of shape or projection with the same style implants. Best of luck.