I'm 23, Wondering what's the BEST solution to stop under eye bags? (photo)

I'm 22 soon to be 23 next month and I've seen only people who are not colored with my inquiry.. Wondering what's the BEST option for my under eye bags? They're making me depressed and soon have low self esteem. Help.

Doctor Answers 4

Under Eyes

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concerns. An injectable filler such as Restylane can improve the appearance of under eye bags and under eye hollowness. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy. Best wishes.

Highland Park Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

Tear trough injections

The best solution is a HA filler such as Restylane or Belotero. This can make a significant difference in reducing the hollows responsible for under eye circles, which are likely genetic in your case.  Be sure to go to an experience provider who has performed this procedure as inexperience providers can really mess it up.  I use the canula to inject which typically results in less bruising and faster recovery.  Best of luck

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

Under Eye Bags

Thank you for your question.
You have prominent "tear troughs", and a great solution for that involves injectable fillers.  The transition between your lower eyelid and cheeks will be smoothed out.  I recommend you consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss fillers, or other options which may be right for you.

Best of luck!
Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Michael A. Epstein, MD, FACS
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

Tear troughs

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I am sorry to hear you are bothered by your appearance to the point it is affecting your self-esteem. The good news is I do think you're a great candidate for placement of a hyaluronic acid filler in your tear trough (i.e., under eye) area. In this area I prefer Restylane, but there are other fillers that work well in this location. This is one of my favorite procedures to perform, as patients instantly look more rested and younger. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.