2 months post opt BR and lift - vertically. I have excess skin, will it go away? (photos)

I had the opt in 8june2016. It has been almost two months since my BR AND LIFT, I have these flaps of skin under my breasts. They look dark too. I had 36E reduced to 36C. I've seen lollipop post opt pics and none look ugly like mine at 2 months. I'm on silicone gel and Cicacare sheet 23.5 hours a day since week 4. Please help !

Vertical Breast Reduction and Excess Skin?

This is the classic deficiency of the vertical breast reduction/lift. Looking at your before pictures it appears that you may have been better off with an anchor type reduction/lift. The anchor incision allows for much better management of vertical skin excess but patients get "sold" on the idea of fewer scars and there are real tradeoffs. Some inferior skin excess is common after a vertical reduction and often this will resolve as your breast tissue settles.You are still relatively early and this may resolve with time, but end result will be that your breast will have excessive lower pole fullness and will look bottomed out. It this does not resolve after six months the skin roll can be excised by converting your incision to a limited anchor type incision.

I have excess skin post-op BR and lift

You are still early in your recovery and #healing phase. The tissue will take some time to even out and settle. It is quite likely, that your surgeon will suggest a small revision if things do not improve.  To ensure that yours #breasts are healing properly you should follow ALL of your post-op instructions and attend follow-up appointments for several months after surgery. If you are concerned with the results, please contact the surgeon that performed your #breast reduction surgery. Good luck and thank you for your question.

2 months post opt BR and lift - vertically. I have excess skin, will it go away?

It is still fairly early in your recovery, particularly with a vertical only lift. This will smooth more with time, but may need a small touch up. I would suggest you discuss with your surgeon to keep communication open about your concerns. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Skin after breast reduction

your preoperative pictures look like it was a real "stretch" for the lollipop. Wait another few months for sure. It is not inconceivable that your doctor will eventually suggest going back and removing that fold of skin there by converting it to what would have been an "anchor" type operation. You will probably still be better off because it's likely the horizontal scar will be shorter then had it been done initially. Hope this helps.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

It may take 6 months for this to improve. Sometimes a small touch up is needed and it can be done in the office. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS