16 weeks post breast lift with 400cc implants & wondering what the dent on my left breast could be?Symmastia? (Photos)

I started to notice the dent at around week 8 and at first I thought it would go away since it was so early but it didn't. My doctors been so great and I have a couple revisions scheduled soon but I'm just a little worried. And not sure what the dent could be. I still have slight tenting in between my breasts and I know I'm still a little early but is this something that will need revision surgery?

Symmastia?

Thank you for your question, and the photos.

Regarding whether or not your breasts are now "connected" (symmastia), I suspect that it is still "skin tenting" as you mentioned.  Regarding the crease, based on the pictures that you included in your prior posts, it looks like that fold is the original breast border, that is now riding on top of the wider implant.  Some people call this a "double bubble".  The good news is that you're still pretty early out from your surgery, and these folds often do improve over time.  If not, then a revision may be necessary, but I would give this quite a bit more time.  I would continue to follow closely with your doctor and follow their recommendations.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Chicago General Surgeon

Contour Irregularity after Breast lift with Implants

The contour irregularity could be related to differences in the anatomy between each side. Sometimes the shape and position of the breast and its associated inframammary crease on the chest can be different from side to side. It could also be related to the size of the implant, the underlying muscle edge, the dimensions of the pocket and how it was created, and how the implant is sitting in the pocket. Your plastic surgeon will be the best person to help you understand what is causing the contour irregularity and whether or not a revision may be indicated.

Eight weeks after augmentation mastopexy

Eight weeks after surgery is still a little early to make a final assessment.

Your photos show great variation in the appearance of the crease. It appears on your left breast and then your right which suggests that it has a component of animation deformity.

This means that it is partially caused my muscle contraction. It is difficult to tell but it appears that when your muscles are relaxed (second picture) there is very little creasing of the inner breasts whereas the left is contracted on the first photo and your left is contracted on your fourth photo

Dent in the Breast

Dear Chicagomama1234, I know how frustrating and disappointing it is to have problems after cosmetic surgery.  I want you to know that a breast lift with implants is not an easy operation and it can have a 20 to 30% revision rate meaning that something will not turn out needing some kind of repair or correction.  Looks like your doctor is prepared to take you back and fix it which is the right thing to do.  I t is my opinion based on the photos provided that your left breast had the muscle divided too aggressively and you have developed a double bubble deformity medially with some degree of symmastia.  This is very obvious and it won't go away by itself.  If I was your doctor I would be making arrangements to correct it as well.  Good luck with it!  

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

16 weeks post breast lift with 400cc implants & wondering what the dent on my left breast could be?Symmastia?

You may have a "double bubble" from the implant pushing below your breast crease. This may improve over time so follow up with your surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

16 Weeks Post-Op

Hello, and thank you for your question. Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

If you find that you are concerned about your healing process it would be best to visit your surgeon for a follow-up appointment to have the area checked and make sure that everything is progressing well. Good luck!

4 months post op. some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD