Should I get a nose job/nose lift? (photos)

im insecure about my nose. ive had people tell me that its "round" and ugly and no thats not why i want the nose job, its just because it would make me feel more confident but with my face shape idk how a thinner nose would look so maybe just a different shape. id like some opinions.

Should I get a nose job?

Thank you for your question. There are many different ways to perform a rhinoplasty, it is important to communicate with your surgeon prior to your procedure with your particular goals and expectations. The procedure can then be customized to your needs. Best wishes!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refining your nose via rhinoplasty

After reviewing your photos,  I believe that you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty.  Your tip can be refined to create a more defined, chiseled look.  I recommend consulting with a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who will appropriately examine your nose, create a simulation and tailor the perfect plan to your individual wishes.

Should I get a nose job or nose lift?

Thank you for sharing your question. I understand how difficult it can be to have an insecurity about your appearance. I have had many patients undergo rhinoplasty procedures and experience huge boosts in self-confidence. Based on the photos you provided, you appear to be a great candidate for rhinoplasty. I recommend consulting with a board-certified specialist, who will be able to discuss realistic surgical outcomes with you. In my practice, I like to use 3-D photos as a communication tool to ensure my patients are completely satisfied with the proposed aesthetic. For many of my patients, I often recommend pursuing several consultations to be sure you are evaluating all of your options and making an educated decision. Best of luck.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Should I Get a Nose Job?

Only you can decide if you should get a rhinoplasty but narrowing your entire nose and refinement of the tip would make your nose more proportional to your surrounding facial features. Without a profile view I cannot make any other suggestions for you to consider. Find a surgeon whose natural results you like to discuss your options.

Rhinoplasty Goals

You have a very nice smile and you would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.

Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Nosejob?

Greetings, thanks for your question. The decision to undergo nasal surgery is an important one that should not be viewed lightly. If you would like to change the shape of your nose, and perhaps more importantly if you have any difficulty with breathing then you are likely a good candidate. That being said a patient's motivation for surgery is very very important. The best candidates are patients from whom the motivation comes from within, meaning you just don't like how your nose looks. I counsel patients to be careful when considering nasal surgery due to external factors such as someone said something, a boyfriend/partner broke up with me, etc. Ultimately the only person who  needs to be happy and satisfied with your nasal appearance is you the patient. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to refine the nasal tip

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the bridge and the  bulbous tip with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  to narrow the bulbous and wide nasal tip requires conservative cartilage removal and suture techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip area. For more information and many examples, please see blank and the video below

Rhinoplasty

As mentioned below, no one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty however looking at the frontal view pictures, it appears that you could narrow the tip somewhat and still have a very natural appearing nose.

Other modification suggestions would require other views e.g. profile, oblique.  If it is bothering you , why don't you have a consultation with one or two experienced rhinoplasty surgeons to see what your options are.

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a nose job/nose lift?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examiningyou, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping nose

Rhinoplasty is the art of reshaping the nose. The key is to have a frank conversation with your surgeon to make sure you are both looking for the same result. With the use of Vectra 3D imaging it's easier to discuss final outcome. Remember that the imaging system is just a tool and not a guarantee of final result.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon