Fraxel or chemical peel 30%? Fat Injections or Juvederm?

I have a lot of brown spots/hyperpigmentation, acne scars, large pores, a few lines on the forehead and parentheses' around the mouth.. One doctor said all I needed was fraxel, another said a chemical peel with fat injections. There is a significant volume loss around the chin area and upper face, I'm so confused about what to do

Pores, Dark Spots, and Fillers for Lines

Without a photo it is difficult to suggest a filler or procedure.  Fraxel is the "magic eraser" which will remove the pigmentation best in most cases.  Fillers such as Juvederm work extremely well in that area.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

This would require a combination of lasers, skin care, microneedling/PRP.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel, skin texture, tone and volume

To make a good and natural improvement, one must address all 3 features of skin- namely texture, tone and volume. 

Fraxel is great for spots and pigmentation due to sun- freckles- age spots and will help with enlarged pores. See the video link below. 

For volume loss, dermal fillers such as JUVEDERM or RESTYLANE are the best. It is getting that balance of all three that will give you the best outcome, 

All the best
DR Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. 
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel and Fillers

Greetings!Fraxel resurfacing will certainly help with the appearance of brown spots. uneven texture, and can help to make pores look less visible. However, you may need several sessions to achieve optimal results. I don't think that chemical peels will be aggressive enough, but it is certainly a place to start. Chemical peels can do some light resurfacing which will improve the texture of your skin. If you are concerned with the parenthesis around the mouth, a good filler would be an excellent choice, combined with a filler like Voluma to the cheeks to lift the upper face. I would highly recommend consulting with a board certified dermatologist in your area for a customized consultation.Best of luck to you!

David Goldberg, MD

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD