How much would be enough filler to make my lips look plumped but natural? (photos)

My lips have a mind of its own! Some days I get a nice plump but other days they seem smaller. Every time I smile they seem to disappear! I just want to know if I would need more than one syringe? Or mayb less?

How much lip filler

You seem to have a nice volume and shape to your lips. I would be careful with using more than one syringe since this will give you an unnatural look. I would even start with less than a syringe and target certain areas to enhance your lip features. Thanks for your question.

Lip Filler

Hi Arawhite3

Great smile and thanks for your question.

It would be best to go for a smaller bit to start with as you don't quite know what the look you want is. Your PS can inject some a bit at a time until you are happy with the result, that way it's not overkill.

1ml is usually the amount people go for, which is a full syringe.

Take your time, do your research and find a qualified professional to do the job so there are no problems. All the best

Lip Plumping with Fillers and Natural Results

Lip fillers should look natural and you have a very nice shape to your lips. I would recommend one syringe for your lips and then you can always re-evaluate at a later date.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation with Fillers, Fat, Implants

I would use voluma or lyft if you want a really plump look.  Fat can also be injected.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Its up to you

This is a personal issue.  Each patient has a unique desire in terms of what they consider to be natural and more plump when it comes to the lips.  The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Its up to you to decide if you need more.  For some, one vial is plenty and for others they might need more. It is rare that I would ever inject more than 3 vials in the lips alone, but 2 is reasonable to get the volume that you are looking for.  The best part about filler is that it is temporary.  Enjoy. Hope this helps.
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

As a general rule, your upper lip should be about 30% less full than your lower lip. Starting with 1 cc of filler will be a great first step towards a natural but enhanced look.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I typically recommend for my patients to start conservatively with one syringe of filler for lip augmentation. It is always possible to add additional filler down the line for more volume.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

How much would be enough filler to make my lips look plumped but natural?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. I think it is reasonable to start with a single syringe for your lips.  You do appear to have long lips so this will make a noticeable but natural improvement in lip plumpness.  In order to avoid excessive swelling, allow your results after the single syringe to mature and the reassess if you would like additional placed.  Hope this helps.