Bulbous nose tip refinement/thinning? (Photo)

i posted a similar question but i did not add a profile view. i am in the process of getting a consultation but would like more opinions on if i would be a good candidate for nose reshaping. thank you. im just looking to boost my confidence and feel 100% happy in my skin. i know that a real consultation is best, however, since pics can often mislead, and look very flat. i would like my nose to be slimmer with a more refined/slightly more tuned up tip since it is on the round side,no definition.

Rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip refinement

A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the overall nose smaller with all  of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. To accomplish reduction of the bulbous tip require suture techniques and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal applied to the nasal tip cartilages. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and  it can be shaved down. Osteotomies are placed in the nasal bones to narrow the bridge line. It's important not to over-rotate the tip upwards, since that will look unnatural. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD