Are seromas after outer thigh lipo common? How long can they be aspirated? I have one on each leg.
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction - are they common and how long does treatment take?
- Seromas are uncommon after after liposuction but can occur.
- Your plastic surgeon is taking excellent care of them - usually when the fluid is less than 10 - 20 cc, the aspiration is no longer needed.
- Aspiration is done as often as is needed until the fluid stops forming.
- Seromas are collections of fluid, not blood, that can occur after any operation or any injury -
- It sounds as though yours were small and are resolving very well.
Seroma Post Liposuction -- See An Expert
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.