Are deep "channels" normal after Lipo on lateral thighs? (photos)

I had lipo on my outer thighs 3 1/2 weeks ago. Today I looked in the mirror and noticed these deep channels or lines on the back/outer thigh area. It looks like where the cannula tracked but it isn't in a straight line with my upper and lower entry incisions. I have been wearing my compression shorts 23 hours a day. What could this be? Is this normal and the swelling needs to come down?

Deep channels or streaking after liposuction

What you describe is sometimes seen after someone inadvertently does liposuction continuously in the same line. Generally liposuction should be done in a fanning motion always moving the cannula back-and-forth to avoid divots or streaks.
 This is most likely going to leave a permanent results consistent with what you are currently seeing and is directly related to how to procedure was performed. Unfortunately bad results from liposuction can be difficult and sometimes not possible to correct.
For now I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon.
Based on what I see you may want to get a second opinion before considering any potential revision surgery in the future If it comes to that.
Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

These look like contour irregularities which are a possibility after liposuction and at this point massage, RF treatments like velashape, venus legacy, exilis with shock therapy like cellutone or z wave are important.  Best, Dr. Emer.