I'm afraid my implant size is too small. Disappointed. (Photo)

3/14 I got BLI. My LT is 610cc & my RT is 590cc. I am 5'11, 140lbs. Before BA I was a 34B and now I am a 32DDD. My friend has 34D and hers look WAY bigger than mine. She has a nice, cleavage, full look. I have to wear a push up bra to achieve a full look. I have an appointment in Jan and I am going to mention this to my PS, but I was looking for advice if maybe this is as large as he could've gone? And if he does place bigger implants will I have to pay the full price like I did in the beg?

I'm afraid my implant size is too small. Disappointed.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that based on your pictures your results look beautiful, if you want more volume and perkiness you should get high profile bigger implants, don't rush with this, you look gorgeous, hugs!

Lovely results

Based on your photos, your results look lovely. My guess is that your surgeon chose an implant size that would give you great volume without weighing down the skin and thus causing your breasts to eventually sag again. However, without an in person exam, impossible to say for sure. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Please keep in mind that the goal of the breast lift is to correct for sagging and/or deflated breasts.  By increasing the volume of your breasts, it is very probable that your breasts will only continue to sag further, reversing the results of your breast lift.  It is most likely that your surgeon did what he thought would best for you given your pre-op breast anatomy.  Nonetheless, you should voice your dissatisfaction to your operating surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Implants are too small

Speaking respectfully, you do have large implants and big breasts. It is impossible to say from your current pictures if you could have gone bigger, but in any case that would have been a marginal increase (there is not a lot of visible difference between, for example, 610cc and 700cc).
Comparing your own specific breast size and shape to that of other people and friends is often a recipe for disappointment. Your friend may have started with a different cleavage to begin with, and maybe more breast tissue or a slightly different shape. No surgeon could ever make you look like your friend and the goal of any procedure is to give you the best look for your own specific situation.
If you are really unhappy you could obviously go bigger, and I am sure your surgeon would help with the cost of the procedure, but make sure you discuss the achievable result, the risks of very large implants, and the fact that you would still look different from your friend.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Disappointed in augment

i disagree with my colleague that submusculars lack cleavage and don't fit into bras.  Maybe he does not understand how to properly do a submuscular implant!  In my experience, the most common reason that patients do not have as much "fullness" as they want is because the implant does not have any capsular contracture which is when the scar tissue squeezes down around the implant making them look rounder.  It also tends to make the implant draw upward so that they rest higher on the chest.  Another cause which may be likely in your case is confusing larger volume with a rounder perkier look.  The big volume implants such as you have (i.e. anything over 500cc IMO) are heavier and tend to fall downward from gravity especially if you don't wear a bra.  i certainly wouldn't go larger but you may need to have them repositioned to lie higher and more medially on your chest.  That is one reason i try to discourage patients from going with the larger sizes; they are just harder to keep up!  Finally, sometimes you need a more high profile implant instead of a larger one to achieve this look.  Some implants are designed to be flatter and won't project at all.  That's one reason i like to use saline implants because i can overfill them so they look rounder and also tweak them if one breast is a little smaller than the other.  i like to have patients bring in photos of what they consider ideal breasts.  To me your breasts look great and natural but maybe you wanted them a little more rounder and less natural because natural breasts have a ski-slope appearance.  If you don't make it clear before surgery, then you may be disappointed afterwards.  Talk to your surgeon.  i want my patients happy so i usually do a great discount if they want a revision.  Most of us want to make our patients happy.

Marguerite Barnett, MD

Your friend may have had a different approach for augmentation

Your implant size is quite large. You are 32 DDD. That tells the story.  Your implants are probably submuscular. Submuscular implants lack cleavage and do not properly fit into bras
Your friend might have had a different approach for her surgery. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Can I go larger

In my opinion, a 600 or so cc implant is very large in a woman your size. From the photos, I also believe your breasts look fantastic. I would tell you ,if you are my patient, that there are risks to going bigger. Bigger implants are heavier, can bottom out more frequently, and put more pressure on the breast tissue above making it atrophy or get smaller overtime. As far as what a revision fee to go larger that's something that each plastic surgeon I'm sure has their own thoughts on. We delineate what those fees are prior to the first surgery so the patient knows ahead of time should they decide to go larger. Discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS