Do I need a revision upper blepharoplasty? (Photo)

I had an upper blepharoplasty done on May 1, 2017. I do not feel that enough skin was removed. I saw my Dr. today and he said to wait a couple more months and then if I want, he would do a revision at no cost when he does my lower facelift. I asked if I should do a browlift and he said no.

Revise or not to revise?

Thanks for sharing your question.

I agree with your doctor: wait at least 3 months before considering revision. It is of course hard to comment without preoerative images and functional images (eyes closed) to compare to however your brow position seems fine/naturally high without a lift: this procedure would therefore alter your aesthetic and potentially give a startled look if the brow is then too high.

I suspect you are looking at the residual skin on your lids.

You have a symmetrical fold on each side which evenly matches the brow and lid margin. Well performed surgery.

There is still some deflation of the upper lid more on the left than right.  A degree iof asymmetry is normal both before and after surgery. It may be a goal of yours to address this and it could be achieved with volume: fat at the time of your facial surgery or fillers at any stage after complete recovery from your surgery.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Mark Magnusson

Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Revise or not to revise?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for sharing your question.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Mark Magnusson

Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Eyes

Well, first you just had your eyes done. and second you would have to be evaluated to see how much if any excess you have when you close your eyes.

Eyes

Revision?

Your photograph suggests that you have ptosis, and asymmetry of the brow position. Revision of the blepharoplasty - that is, removal of more skin will not correct these problems. Be sure that if you do allow more skin removal, that it is done with caution so that you do not end up with lagophthalmos (inability to close the eyelids completely). It appears to me that you need levator/ ptosis repair for an optimal result. If your surgeon is suggesting that you wait 2 months, then you may want to use that time to come up the road to Charlottesville for a complimentary consultation. Best wishes.

Revision?

Agree with your Doc

Your early result looks very good.  Before talking about revision surgery one needs to wait a couple of months to make sure you don't have swelling from the surgery. It sounds like your doctor is very reasonable so I would stick with them.

Good luck,

Dr. T

Agree with your Doc

Good luck,

Dr. T