Can you use Juviderm silk or restylane silk in other areas than lips? Will is make your skin softer?

Where you can use different fillers

Hello, and thank you for your question! The main difference between fillers is how cohesive they are. The "thicker" fillers (such as Voluma and Perlane) get better results in lifting up deep lines, and the "thinner" fillers like Restylane silk are better in fine lines, and softer areas such as the lip. Therefore, pretty much any filler can be used in any area of the face - it just depends on what you are trying to achieve and the skill of your injector. Fillers will make your skin smoother by lifting up lines, but will not give you skin a better texture. I hope this helps!

Lip juvederm restylane

The difference is not the product as much as who is injecting, where it is injected and how it is injected.  I have gotten amazing results with both as I have 15 years of experience doing lip.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Juvederm and Retylane silk

Yes, Juvederm and Restylane silk can be used on other areas besides the lips. Juvederm is used for the deeper folds around the mouth, while Restylane Silk is typically used for more of the fine lines of the face. Both products are indicated to add volume and decrease the lines of the face and not to make the skin softer. I would recommend making and appointment with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for an evaluation and they can answer any question or concerns for you. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Restylane Silk and Juvederm for other than lips

Although Restylane Silk is FDA approved for the lips (like Juvederm and Restylane) it can be used off label for other parts of the face. The particle size is smaller, making it ideal for the lips. I would choose other fillers for the Nasolabial folds (Juvederm) and the cheeks (Voluma). None of these will make skin feel softer. In fact, it may do the opposite. I hope this helps!

Anthony Youn, MD, FACS
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Restylane uses

Thank you for your question. Juvederm or Restylane silk may be used in other areas besides the lips for the purpose of reducing deep seated creases and wrinkles. They do not affect the texture of the skin, hence, it will not make your skin softer. I recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon regarding your questions, concerns, and for an evaluation. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD