Do you think my tattoo can be laser off completely? Its red heart with wings.

Hi am after a laser done on me tattoo do you think all of this tattoo can be lasered of completely it's red heart with wings?

Laser Tattoo Removal

Laser tattoo removal works for most colors of tattoos and the most important thing for you is to find an office that knows what they are doing – this is best accomplished by finding a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who understands these lasers better than anyone.

Red-colored tattoos can best be removed by using a Q-Switched laser system at 532 nm – one of the best wavelengths for red colored tattoos. A new laser system, called the Pico group of lasers, also has this wavelength in some systems, and may work faster at removing the tattoo that you are describing. Find the right doctor, be patient, and the tattoo should be removed without too much difficulty.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo removal of red and black laser

The tattoo that you are describing should be simple to remove.  I wish you could post a photo.  I love the Trivantage laser which has been specifically designed to safely and effectively remove these types of tattoos.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with tattoo for the best cosmetic results.

Picosure will remove your tattoo

If you are looking to remove your tattoo I recommend learning more about the Picosure laser. This new laser will permanently remove your tattoo in fewer treatments without harming the surrounding tissue. Consult with your doctor to decide if this is the best option for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD