Had breast implants 3 weeks ago under muscle. Did I need a breast lift? Is my breast tissue falling off my implant? (Photo)

Had breast implants 3 weeks ago under muscle. Did I need a breast lift? Is my breast tissue falling off my implant?

Talk to your surgeon about a breast band to keep the implants from riding to high. You should expect to see additional settling at 3 weeks post op.

Providence Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast Ptosis Concerns

Thank you for your question and photo.  At 3 weeks postop, it is a bit early to evaluate your results. Your implants are still riding a bit high and are likely to settle further addressing the concern that you have. You may want to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and ask if there is a role for a breast band to accelerate the descent of the implants.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Let you implants settle before making a final decision

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I see what you are looking at but I don't think that you needed a lift.  Your implants are displaced slightly up which is not unusual at 3 weeks.  As the lower muscle relaxes, the implants should settle and the upper pole fullness will go down and the bottom of the breast expands.  At that point, I think that you will have a very nice result.  You could talk to your surgeon about wearing a strap above your breasts if he/she feels that it would help. I really think that, in the long run, you will be happy with your result.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lift or Implants

Sorry, but I see your concern. You certainly did not need a lift. 
Your situation shows why so many do not have round submuscle breast implants. 
You have over filled your upper chest and under filled the lower breast. The breast is sitting on the muscle as it was before and the implant is under the muscle, failing to distend the breast.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Did I need a lift?

From the photos you have included, at only three weeks out I think your breast implants are in good position. It sometimes takes up to two months or so for them to drop completely to the bottom of the space created for them. Be patient and I think I'll go well. Good luck. T

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Question

You are only three weeks out. I don't think you needed a lift.  Give your implants time to 'drop and fluff'.  Reserve judgement for another 3 to 4 months. I'm sure they will improve a lot.  They are already looking good.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Do I need a Breast Lift?

Final results can take at least three to six months.  At three weeks, everything appears to be healing well.  Give it some more time as the implants will probably drop.  Be sure to follow your plastic surgeons postoperative instructions to maximize your results.  Good luck!

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

You did not need a lift. You are doing fine

I see no problem with your results in your attached photos.  You are doing fine. Lift was not needed in your case. Relax

Vasdev Rai, MD

Early in the post operative recovery period with implants slightly high

At three weeks you are very early in the recovery period.  Your implants are a bit high but this will definitely change over the next several weeks.