What type of procedure would I benefit from the most to make my neck look pretty and defined? (photos)

Not sure if liposuction would do the job?

Restoring Neck Contours

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. There are several options available to sculpt and tighten the neck and submental fat, or double chin. CoolSculpting can provide a 20-25% reduction in fat cells below the chin, without surgery. Liposuction can also be used to sculpt the chin and neck. My advice is that you schedule an appointment with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. He/she can perform a physical examination and determine your best options for a smooth, defined neck and chin.

Liposuction for Neck Definition

Dear Dee, Thank you for posting your photos with your interesting question. After reviewing your photos, I would recommend neck liposuction, to remove the excess sub-mental neck fat. Your skin will contract nicely. Neck liposuction can be done with local anesthesia as well as twilight sedation. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with neck liposuction. At the time of your visit, you will be examined, discuss your expectations, review the plastic surgeon's before and after photographs of neck liposuction. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Define it!

Hello! There are a few options to choose from. in my practice we most commonly perform a small amount of liposuction  however, Kybella is also an option. Kybella is a wonderful non-invasive approach. I highly suggest meeting for a one on one consultation with a board certified surgeon to learn more and choose the best option for you. Good luck!

Ellen A. Janetzke, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Improving the neck in a young woman.

Thank you for asking about improving your neck profile.

• You will need an examination by a plastic surgeon to decide the best approach.
  • If on examination the problem is just fat, then liposuction or a series of Kybella injections will work well.
  • However, your profile is often associated with a small chin and loose muscles under the neck,
  • In this case, a small chin implant and muscle tightening as well as removal of excess fat is done through a small incision under the chin, usually with truly lovely results.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Neck issue

You would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  You may benefit from liposuction under the chin.

Neck Definition

Thank you for your question and pictures. Based on your photographs, neck liposculpture would permanently remove the fat in your neck and give you better definition of your jawline and neck angle.

Neck definition

Dee.  Your photo appears to demonstrate that you are still young and your neck not too bad, just a small amount of submental fat. From your photos, you may only need Micro-Liposuction of the neck, as the skin should re-drape nicely. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Neck liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, you may be a good candidate for neck liposuction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Neck Lipo

Liposuction of the neck usually with a laser assist will help define your neck. It is fairly simple to do and the recovery is minimal. It is also more precise than the non invasive techniques of cool sculpting or kybella

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon