What type of procedure would I benefit from the most to make my neck look pretty and defined? (photos)

Not sure if liposuction would do the job?

Type of Procedure to Improve The Look of the Neck

It's best to begin by consulting with a surgeon in-person. The presence of banding down the front of the #neck, and, amount of excess skin and condition of your skin are among some factors which determine what treatments will best rejuvenate your neck . During an in-person examination, your chin will be evaluated along with the neck and jawline. A weak #chin implies a lack of chin support for the skin along the neck line. In younger individuals a chin implant alone is usually all that is needed to improve the appearance of the neck. Subsequently, it will also improve the overall #balance of the face and can create the illusion of a smaller nose. As a stand-alone procedure, chin augmentation can be performed in the office under local #anesthesia. For individuals with signs of #aging in the neck, a chin implant added to one of the recommended procedures above, will provide optimal results.

A board certified plastic surgeon should evaluate both your anatomical features and aesthetic goals to suggest which procedure best suits your needs. In some cases there may be more than one option to choose from. If you are not a candidate at the time of your #consultation, your board surgeon can recommend non-surgical alternatives to address your concern. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella - Options to Achieve Defined Chin and Neck

Thank you for your question. There are several treatment options to explore when wanting to achieve a more defined neck area. One option to consider to remove unwanted chin fat is KYBELLA, a nonsurgical, FDA-approved treatment. KYBELLA is a breakthrough, injectable procedure that spurs the body to naturally remove the unwanted fat cells. 

We customize KYBELLA treatments to meet the specific needs of our patients. The number of injections and treatment sessions needed for your desired result will vary from patient to patient.

A treatment session begins with thoroughly cleaning the area below the chin. A topical anesthetic numbs the skin to help keep you comfortable during the injections. The injector carefully marks each injection site, which serves as a guide and makes the injections more precise. The injections themselves usually take about 15 to 20 minutes.

Many of our patients see the desired results after 2 to 4 treatment sessions, but up to 6 treatments are possible. Treatments must be spaced at least a month apart.

Restoring Neck Contours

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. There are several options available to sculpt and tighten the neck and submental fat, or double chin. CoolSculpting can provide a 20-25% reduction in fat cells below the chin, without surgery. Liposuction can also be used to sculpt the chin and neck. My advice is that you schedule an appointment with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. He/she can perform a physical examination and determine your best options for a smooth, defined neck and chin.

Restoring Neck Contours

Liposuction for Neck Definition

Dear Dee, Thank you for posting your photos with your interesting question. After reviewing your photos, I would recommend neck liposuction, to remove the excess sub-mental neck fat. Your skin will contract nicely. Neck liposuction can be done with local anesthesia as well as twilight sedation. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with neck liposuction. At the time of your visit, you will be examined, discuss your expectations, review the plastic surgeon's before and after photographs of neck liposuction. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Liposuction for Neck Definition

Define it!

Hello! There are a few options to choose from. in my practice we most commonly perform a small amount of liposuction  however, Kybella is also an option. Kybella is a wonderful non-invasive approach. I highly suggest meeting for a one on one consultation with a board certified surgeon to learn more and choose the best option for you. Good luck!

Ellen A. Janetzke, MD
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Define it!

Ellen A. Janetzke, MD
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

UAL cervical facial

Improving the neck in a young woman.

Thank you for asking about improving your neck profile.

• You will need an examination by a plastic surgeon to decide the best approach.
  • If on examination the problem is just fat, then liposuction or a series of Kybella injections will work well.
  • However, your profile is often associated with a small chin and loose muscles under the neck,
  • In this case, a small chin implant and muscle tightening as well as removal of excess fat is done through a small incision under the chin, usually with truly lovely results.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Improving the neck in a young woman.

Neck issue

You would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  You may benefit from liposuction under the chin.

Neck issue

Neck Definition

Thank you for your question and pictures. Based on your photographs, neck liposculpture would permanently remove the fat in your neck and give you better definition of your jawline and neck angle.

Neck Definition

Neck definition

Dee.  Your photo appears to demonstrate that you are still young and your neck not too bad, just a small amount of submental fat. From your photos, you may only need Micro-Liposuction of the neck, as the skin should re-drape nicely. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Neck definition