Treatment to regrow hair after IPL?

My wife has had five IPL treatments to her bikini area. I wasn't onboard with this, but she reassured me it would just be just enough to prevent hair from showing under the swim wear. Well there is just a small strip remaining. She said she didn't realize that it went that far and stopped treatment. What type of treatment if any can be used to reverse the damage? Or do I just find a new wife?

Hair reduction after IPL

Thank you for your question blue904. It is important to understand the goals of every type of treatment and have realistic expectations. The goal of laser hair removal, whether it uses a laser or IPL, is permanent hair reduction. Most people require a series of six to eight treatments. After that maintenance treatments are done once every year or two. It is difficult to regrow hair after permanent hair reduction. Please speak with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician