I'm interested in a BBL & Tummy Tuck but I don't want to get both at the same time; which would be better to get first? (Photos)

BBL before tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  I often perform both of these procedures at the same time.  However, if you don't want to do that, you absolutely should do the BBL first.  This will allow for the use of all of your available excess fat for the BBL.  Once everything has healed, your surgeon can have a better idea of what you'll need for the tummy tuck.Good Luck!

New Bern Plastic Surgeon

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

BBL and tummy tuck, which one first?

Thank you for your question. Best is to have the BBL then the tummy tuck, this way you can maximize the results of the BBL having more fat to graft and transfer to your buttocks, then the tummy tuck will remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance. These procedures are commonly done together as well, they are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BBL and Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  If you don't want to do both at the same time, I recommend having the BBL first to maximize fat harvesting, and then down the line having the tummy tuck.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question .It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck. For health and safety your BMI should be less then 30 to perform any procedure. When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL and tummy tuck

More information would be needed. It looks like you may be best to lose some weight first. If your BMI is at a reasonable level then I prefer to perform the BBl first to harvest fat from your abdomen and waist and possibly other areas to enhance your buttocks.

BBL & TT

Thanks for your question and photos. You'll first want to meet with a board certified surgeon that performs these procedures a lot (at least 100 per year). They can then help guide you on the ideal weight you should get down to prior to starting surgery. Ideally patients can have a BBL and TT performed at the same time so there is only one recovery. If you are wanting to do it one at a time you can discuss with your surgeon which one would be best to start with. A BBL is less recovery time compared to a TT. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician. 
Hope this helps!
Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you start with a Tummy Tuck along with liposuction to your hips and back.  For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

BBL or Tummy tuck, first?

You are doing your research and that is exactly what you should be doing. I applaud your decision to stage the procedures you need in order to get the body you want to. I suspect that you would do better if you have a Brazilian butt lift first. See a board-certified plastic surgeon who does the surgery at a certified medical facility and has done  a ton of Brazilian butt lifts, and you will be in good hands. Do not shy away from asking; "how many BB else have you performed on patients my size last year?" Do not  settle for vague answers. No one forgets how many butts he did or she did last year. Good luck to you.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon