FUT Transplant 4 days ago. Do I have enough hair to have a really good result? (Photo)

I had a FUT transplant 4 days ago and I know some of the grafts fell out as I experienced some bleeding the night of surgery and a little the next day. My question is, based on the photo's taken this morning do I still have enough hair to have a really good result? Thanks in Advance!

Loss of grafts 4 days after transplant

Many patients (including yours truly) manage to dislodge a few grafts in the first few days after a hair transplant, but I'm sure you didn't lose enough hair to have a significant impact on your results. What you need to remember is that even with no dislodged grafts and 100% growth of the transplanted follicles, there is a limit to the density that can be achieved in a single session; it is for this reason, and not the loss of a few grafts after surgery, that some patients elect to undergo additional surgery. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon at regular intervals so that he or she can address any concerns you may have.Thanks for your question--hope this helps.Dr. Ballon 

Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

It looks

like you will be ok, if not just a little thin.  You should go back in for an in person follow up to get a direct exam. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

4 days post op

Everything looks good. Better washing is a good idea as an FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.I can't tell how many grafts you had so I can't answer your other question

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It takes 6 to 12 months to see the results of a hair transplant surgery. You cannot tell how good your results will be based on

It takes 6 to 12 months to see the results of a hair transplant surgery. You cannot tell how good your results will be based on post op photos.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon